How do you create a cut list in Solidworks?
Starting in SOLIDWORKS 2021, you can now generate IDs for each Weldment Part Cut List item that is a unique identifier for each cut list item in a Part’s Cut List folder. To enable this, click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Weldments. Under Cut list IDs, select Generate Cut list IDs.
What is a cutting list in woodwork?
A cut list, also called a cutlist or cutting list, is closely related to a bill of materials. In fact, many woodworkers treat them as one and the same. It’s basically a list of all the parts required to build a woodworking project that contains a number for each part along with its thickness, width and length.
How do I edit a cut list in Solidworks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a Cut-List-Item in a weldment part or multibody sheet metal part and click Properties. You can modify the Cut-List Properties dialog box by resizing it or changing column widths, to make information visible that would otherwise be truncated.
What is a cut list in welding?
You can use a weldment cut list table to add a BOM-like table for cut, welded structural shapes. When the first weldment feature is inserted in a part, the Solid Bodies folder is renamed to Cut list to indicate the items to include in the cut list. The icon.
What is external reference in solid works?
An external reference is created when one document is dependent on another document for its solution. If the referenced document changes, the dependent document changes also. In an assembly, you can create an in-context feature on one component that references the geometry of another component.
How do I add a weldment table in Solidworks?
Inserting Weld Tables
- With a drawing view selected, click Weld Table (Table toolbar) or Insert > Tables > Weld Table .
- Set the required options in the PropertyManager and click . If you did not select Attach to anchor point, click in the graphics area to place the table.
What is a cutting list used for?
The cutting list really is a vital part of the communication process in the furniture factory. Together with the full size set out or shop rod, it gives each person involved all the information necessary to manufacture the project accurately.
What should a cutting list include?
At a minimum, a cutting list describes every part in terms of its thickness, width and length. Those measurements include the length or width of a part’s tenons. The list provides exact measurements of the completed pieces. No additional material is included as a “safety net” or “just in case.”
What is the difference between the bill of materials and cut list?
A weldment BOM lists the components and total component length for the weldment part. A cut list contains the cut lengths and quantities for each component.
How do I create a custom property in Solidworks?
To add custom properties:
- Click in the first blank cell under Property Name, then type a name or choose one from the list.
- Select a Type from the list. …
- Under Value / Text Expression, enter a value for the custom property that is compatible with the selection in the Type cell. …
- Press Tab or Enter.
How do I edit a weldment cut table in Solidworks?
Easily Create a Custom Weldment Cut List Template in SOLIDWORKS
- To do this, go to Open a part file (. …
- Once the drawing view is placed, highlight the view, then go to Insert > Tables > Weldment Cut List, then place the table on the drawing.
- Once the table is placed on the drawing, make any desired changes to the table.