Is there a shortcut for smart dimension in Solidworks?
Shift + click Snaps a dimension to the max or min location when dimensioning arcs and circles with the Smart Dimension tool.
How do I add a dimension to a Solidworks model?
To add a reference dimension to a model:
- With the model view orientation normal to the annotation view, click Smart Dimension (Dimensions/Relations toolbar) or Tools > Dimensions > Smart.
- In the Dimension PropertyManager, select Reference dimension .
- In the graphics area, select the silhouette edge of the chamfer.
How do you add basic dimensions in Solidworks drawing?
To create basic size dimensions:
- In a part, click Basic Size Dimension (MBD Dimension toolbar) or Tools > MBD Dimension > Basic Size Dimension.
- Select entities in the graphics area.
- Place the dimension.
- In the PropertyManager, set options.
- Click .
Where is Smart Dimensions in SOLIDWORKS?
on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart. The default dimension type is Parallel. Optionally, you can choose a different dimension type from the shortcut menu. Right-click the sketch, and select More Dimensions.
What is Ctrl Q in SOLIDWORKS?
Forced Rebuild (Ctrl+Q)
When working on a part, forced rebuild will rebuild every feature in the Feature Tree, this is different to a standard rebuild (Ctrl+B) which will only rebuild changed features. This Forced Rebuild will also rebuild any views on a drawing which have sketch entities or require rebuilding.
How do I link dimensions in SOLIDWORKS drawing?
Linking Dimension Values Using Link Values
- Right-click the dimension and select Link Values.
- In the Shared Values dialog box, select or type a Name. In addition to the linked variable names you create, global variables are also available for selection under Name. …
- Click OK. …
- Repeat for as many dimensions as needed.
Why are my dimensions not showing up in SOLIDWORKS?
If dimensions for a certain feature do not appear, you can right-click on the feature from either the graphics area or the FeatureManager Tree and select Show All Dimensions.
How do you add a radius dimension in SOLIDWORKS drawing?
With a drawing open, click Options (Standard toolbar), select Document Properties, and then select Dimensions > Radius.
How do I change dimension size in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel , mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
What are basic dimensions GD&T?
What Are Basic Dimensions? Basic dimensions describe the theoretically exact location, orientation, size, or profile of a feature or datum target. Because basic dimensions are theoretically perfect dimensions, there are no tolerances associated with them.
How do I edit a smart dimension in SOLIDWORKS?
To change a dimension:
- Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears.
- Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel, mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box. …
- Choose from: …
- Use the buttons as follows:
What is smart dimension SOLIDWORKS?
Every user of SOLIDWORKS is familiar with the Smart Dimension tool with which they can dimension both 2D and 3D sketches – where the type of dimension produced will be determined by the sketch entities selected.
How do I change the smart dimension units in SOLIDWORKS?
Go to Tools>Options>Document Properties>Units to change the units that are being used within the SOLIDWORKS design environment. There is also the units’ popup menu in the bottom right-hand corner of the SOLIDWORKS screen.