How do I open higher version CATIA in lower version CATIA?
Suppose you are using V5R21, you can save it as a V5R20-V5R6.
- Click on Tools->Utility.
- Double click on “downward compatibility”
- Click “member”- select the file to convert.
- At the top select the version to which you want to convert the file- set the target folder- click “run”
Can we open higher version CATIA File in lower version?
3 Answers. You can´t open a newer release than R16. So if the modell is build with R17 – R21 you have no chance. In my view it is NOT possible (like ms word) to save in an “older version”.
How use CATIA downward compatibility?
Running the Downward Compatibility Batch
- Access the Downward Compatibility interface from the command line.
- Access the Downward Compatibility interface from the Batch Monitor.
- Define the batch parameters.
- Run the batch directly from the Batch Monitor.
- Run the batch from the command line.
What is wrong application level in CATIA?
2 Answers. The difficulties is “Downward Compatibility”. If you are using Catia V5R19 and try to open V5R 20-21 or higher release file, you can not open it.
What is the latest CATIA V5 version?
|Concept created with CATIA|
|Stable release||P3 V5 6R-2020 / 2020|
|Operating system||Windows, Unix (server)|
|Type||CAD, CAM, CAE, PLM, 3D|
How do I convert CATIA to AutoCAD?
When in Catia V5 you can save your CATPART or CATProduct file as a . stp file (STEP File). After you save it > Open AutoCAD > Open a blank drawing file > select Import from the file menu > Select your . stp file to import > wait for it.
How do I know what version of Catia I have?
In use, it works like this: – Just ‘Right Mouse Button’ click on the file and select ‘What_CATIA_Ver’ from the ‘Send to’ menu. That will bring up a results window as below: – We can see that this CATIA file was created using CATIA V5 Release 23 Service Pack 4 with no Hot Fix. Press any key and the panel will disappear.
Is Catia backwards compatible?
COE Administrator. If you build a part in r15 and try to open in r11 you will have data loss that is unavoidable because Catia is not backwards compatible. You can try Tools – Utility – Downward Compatibility.