Where is Equations on Solidworks?
(Tools toolbar). Click Tools > Equations. Right-click the Equations. folder in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Manage Equations.
How do you display edit user defined Equations in Solidworks?
To edit an equation:
- Do one of the following: Click Equations. …
- Select the Equation View .
- Select an equation, global variable or dimension.
- Edit the entry. …
- Click OK to close the dialog box.
How do you use expressions in Solidworks?
You can access the equations viewer in the following three ways: Right-click the equations folder in the feature tree > Manage Equations. Go to Tools > Equations. Tools toolbar > click the Equations icon.
Three groups of variables
- Global Variables.
How do I import a formula into Solidworks?
You can import equations from a text file into a part or assembly.
- In the part or assembly, click Tools > Equations.
- In the Equations dialog box, click Import.
- In the Open dialog box: Select the text file. Click Open.
- In the Import Equations dialog box: Select or clear Link to File.
How do I view global variables in Solidworks?
If I ever want to verify the value of Th and/or wish to change it, I can open the Equation Manager located in Tools > Equations. Here you can see and modify all the equations and global variables. Alternately you can right-click on the Equations Folder in the feature tree and select Modify equations.
How do I see dimensions in Solidworks?
To re-display the dimensions, right-click the feature or one of its faces, and select Show All Dimensions. To show dimension names, click View > Hide/Show > Dimension Names or Hide/Show Items > View Dimension Names (Heads-up View toolbar).
How does dimension relate to SOLIDWORKS?
You right-click on a dimension that you want to link and then choose “link values” from the right menu button. You’ll be asked for a name for the dimension you’ve selected. Once you’ve given it a name, the name will be available for other dimensions to link to.
How do I make two dimensions the same in SOLIDWORKS?
Double click the dimension, then in the Modify dialog box, type = (equal sign). You must enter the equal sign to assign a global variable to the dimension. If you do not enter the equal sign, you can create a new global variable, but it will not be assigned to the dimension.
How do we distinguish between derived dimensions and regular dimensions on the screen?
How do we distinguish between derived dimensions and regular dimensions on the screen? Derived has parenthesis, regular doesn’t.
Which symbol appears in front of dimensions when using equations to define dimensions in Solidworks?
Then the angle assumes the desired value, and the equation symbol appears in front of the dimension value to indicate that it depends on an expression.
What are the commonly used tools in Solidworks surface?
SOLIDWORKS tools you can use to create complex geometry include:
- Boundary Boss/Base (Features toolbar). …
- Deform (Features toolbar). …
- Indent (Features toolbar). …
- Flex (Features toolbar). …
- Wrap (Features toolbar). …
- Replace Face (Surfaces toolbar). …
- Intersection Curve (Sketch toolbar). …
- Composite Curve (Curves toolbar).
How do I convert entities in Solidworks?
To convert an entity:
- In an open sketch, click a model edge, loop, face, curve, external sketch contour, set of edges, or set of curves. You can also click an entity after clicking the Convert Entities. …
- Click Convert Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, click Select chain to convert all contiguous sketch entities. …
- Click .
How do you make something in Solidworks?
To create a new drawing:
- Click New. …
- In the New SOLIDWORKS Document dialog box, select Drawing , then click OK.
- Select options for Sheet Format/Size, then click OK.
- In the Model View PropertyManager, select a model from Open documents or browse to a part or assembly file.
How do I create a custom property in Solidworks?
To add custom properties:
- Click in the first blank cell under Property Name, then type a name or choose one from the list.
- Select a Type from the list. …
- Under Value / Text Expression, enter a value for the custom property that is compatible with the selection in the Type cell. …
- Press Tab or Enter.