What is a self intersecting contour in SolidWorks?
“The Sketch is self-intersecting”
This is a fancier way of saying that parts of your Sketch overlap each other. It can also include single lines that are only connected at one end.
What is self intersecting curve?
We say that a curve is self -overlapping if it can be divided by nontrivial line segments into simple curves. There are several other ways to define self-overlapping curves; all these definitions agree on curves with only a finite number of intersection points.
How do you close an open contour in SolidWorks?
Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Close Sketch to Model. An arrow points in the direction in which the sketch will close. (The extruded boss will either be within the sketch lines or outside of the sketch lines.) In the dialog box, select Reverse direction to close the sketch, if necessary.
How do you fix an open sketch in SolidWorks?
To open the Repair Sketch tool: Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Repair Sketch. Repair Sketch deletes these from the sketch.
How do you fix self intersection in geometry?
To fix self-intersected surfaces:
- In the PropertyManager, select Edit feature lines.
- Use the edit feature lines tools to modify feature lines.
- Click Update Preview to check progress. …
- If you cannot fix all the surface errors, click . …
- Click OK.
- Use the SOLIDWORKS surfacing tools to fill the surfaces areas you deleted.
What is contour geometry in Solidworks?
A Contour is simply an enclosed shape. We see them all the time in circles, rectangles, and squares. The more closed contours we add into our sketch, the more complex it becomes. These multiple Contours create regions in our sketches as seen below.
How do you do a sketch analysis in Solidworks?
To check a sketch for feature usage: In an open sketch, click Tools > Sketch Tools > Check Sketch For Feature.
How do you make contours in Solidworks?
To select and extrude contours:
- In an active sketch, select a feature to apply the selected contours. For example, click one of the following to display the appropriate PropertyManager: …
- In the graphics area, use the pointer. to select a contour for Selected Contours. …
- Click. to apply to the selected contours.