click Layout Grid 2D tab Custom Grid panel Remove Grid Lines. Then select the linework to be removed, and press Enter. The linework remains visible in the drawing but is no longer part of the grid. You can select it and delete it if desired.
How do I delete unwanted lines in AutoCAD?
Solution: Select objects in a drawing (use CTRL-A to select everything) and then type OVERKILL on the command line. Click OK on the Delete Duplicate Objects dialog window, adjusting settings as desired (the default options are usually sufficient). Overkill deletes information that is overlaying other items.
How do I delete a single line in AutoCAD?
To Erase an Object
- Click Home tab Modify panel Erase. Find.
- At the Select Objects prompt, use a selection method to select the objects to be erased or enter an option: Enter L (Last) to erase the last object drawn. Enter p (Previous) to erase the last selection set. …
- Press Enter to end the command.
How do you delete a line in Freecad?
- Select the Edit → Delete option from the menu.
- Select the Delete option from the Tree view context menu or 3D view context menu.
- Use the keyboard shortcut: Del.
What is overkill in AutoCAD?
Removes duplicate or overlapping lines, arcs, and polylines. Also, combines those that are partially overlapping or contiguous.
How do you smooth lines in AutoCAD?
On the command line in AutoCAD, type WHIPARC and set it to 0 (recommended). Notes: Smooth Line Display can also be turned on in the Graphics Performance window (use the GRAPHICSCONFIG command). In AutoCAD 2019 and newer, the Details button must be clicked in order to see its checkbox.
How do I hide hidden lines in AutoCAD?
Hide Lines in Layout Viewports
- Select the layout viewport in which you want to hide the lines.
- Click View tab Palettes panel Properties palette.
- On the Properties palette, under Misc, in the Shade Plot field, select Legacy Hidden.
What is difference between erase and trim in AutoCAD?
As verbs the difference between trim and erase
is that trim is to reduce slightly; to cut; especially, to remove excess; eg ‘trim a hedge’, ‘trim a beard’ the adposition of can be used in present perfect tense to designate the removed part while erase is to remove markings or information.
How do you connect lines on FreeCAD?
- Press the Connect lines button.
- Use the Ctrl + Shift + K keyboard shortcut.
- Use the Sketch → Sketcher tools → Connect Edges entry from the top menu.