How do I make a draft in Solidworks?
To draft a model face:
- Click Draft (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Draft.
- Set the options in the PropertyManager. Click Detailed Preview to preview the draft.
- Click OK .
How do I draft a part in Solidworks?
Parting Line Draft
- Sketch the part to be drafted.
- Insert a split line curve, if desired.
- Click Draft on the Features toolbar or click Insert > Features > Draft.
- Under Type of Draft, select Parting Line. …
- Under Draft Angle, enter the Draft angle .
What is step draft?
A step draft is a variation of a parting line draft. The step draft creates one face rotated about the plane used as the Direction of Pull. This results in small faces, representing the steps (highlighted in blue in the example below).
How do you do a draft analysis in Solidworks?
To perform an analysis:
- Click Draft Analysis (Mold Tools toolbar) or View > Display > Draft Analysis. Set analysis parameters and color settings, and then click .
- Click View > Modify > Draft Analysis.
- Click Draft Analysis (View toolbar) or View > Display > Draft Analysis.
What is loft in Solidworks?
Loft creates a feature by making transitions between profiles. A loft can be a base, boss, cut, or surface. You create a loft using two or more profiles. Only the first, last, or first and last profiles can be points.
How do you rib in Solidworks?
To create a rib:
- Sketch the contour to use as the rib feature on a plane that intersects the part, or is parallel or at an angle to an existing plane.
- Click Rib (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Rib.
- Set the PropertyManager options.
- Click OK .
How do you draw a line in Solidworks?
To create a parting line:
- Click Parting Lines. (Mold Tools toolbar) or Insert > Molds > Parting Line.
- In the Parting Line PropertyManager, set options, then click. .
What is neutral plane in Solidworks?
You can create a feature that tapers selected model faces by a specified angle, using a Neutral Plane to determine the direction of pull for creating molds. You can also use the DraftXpert to create, change, or remove neutral plane drafts.
What is draft analysis?
The Draft Analysis command enables you to detect if the part you drafted will be easily removed. This type of analysis is performed based on color ranges identifying zones on the analyzed element where the deviation from the draft direction at any point, corresponds to specified values.
What is draft in injection molding?
A draft angle is calculated as a degree measurement (or, less often, an inch or millimeter measurement) from the vertical axis of a mold, and it helps account for thermoplastic shrinkage, a practical reality of the injection molding process for most materials.
How do I make a mold of a part in Solidworks?
Open a part containing a core surface body, a cavity surface body, and a parting surface body. Select a face or plane that is perpendicular to the direction of pull. The selected face or plane is used to define a sketch outline that splits the core and cavity segments. Click Tooling Split (Mold Tools toolbar).