How do I move individual parts in Solidworks assembly?
Click Move Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Move. The Move Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
How do you delete something in Solidworks?
To delete an item:
- Select one or more items to delete in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Delete (Standard toolbar), click Edit > Delete or press Delete.
How do I edit a sub assembly in Solidworks?
Modifying a Subassembly
You can edit the assembly structure by moving components up or down in the hierarchy, or to a different branch of the hierarchy. There are two ways to do this: Drag and drop the components to move them from one assembly to another. Click Tools > Reorganize Components.
How do you edit an assembly in Solidworks?
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, select an assembly, and then in Mode, select Large Design Review.
- Select Edit Assembly.
- Click Open. An eye overlay appears on the icons of all components indicating that the assembly is in Large Design Review mode.
How do I rotate part of an assembly?
On the ribbon, click Assemble tab Position panel Free Rotate . Click the component to rotate. Drag to the appropriate view of the component. To rotate in any direction, click inside the 3D rotate symbol and drag in the appropriate direction.
How do you move parts in Solidworks?
To move drawing entities:
- Right-click the drawing name at the top of the FeatureManager design tree and select Move.
- Type a value in the X value or Y value box, and click Apply. All of the drawing entities move the specified distance in the X or Y direction.
- Click Close to exit the dialog box.
How do I delete part of a sketch in Solidworks?
Adding and Removing Sketch Entities in Blocks
- In the Edit Sketch mode, select a Block. in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Edit Block. …
- Click Add/Remove Entities. …
- In the PropertyManager, under Block Entities, select the entities you want to add or remove. …
- Click , click the block confirmation corner.
How do you delete a extruded part in Solidworks?
Select a plane to define an extrude direction normal to the plane. To remove the faces defining the extrude from the model after extruding, click Delete original faces.
How do I delete a model in Solidworks?
To delete models and parts: In the Palette, on the Models tab in the Model tree, right-click a model or part and click Edit > Delete.
How do I move multiple parts in a Solidworks assembly?
To move components in the FeatureManager design tree: In the FeatureManager design tree, drag the component you want to move. You can Ctrl + drag to move multiple components at the same time. As you move over other components, the pointer changes to indicate what will happen if you drop the component there.
What is a subassembly in Solidworks?
When an assembly is a component of another assembly, it is referred to as a subassembly. You can nest subassemblies in multiple levels, to reflect the hierarchy of your design.
Can you edit a part in an assembly solidworks?
To edit a part while in an assembly: Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. The title bar shows the name of the part in the assembly that is open for editing as
How do I change a part reference in Solidworks assembly?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or filename using one of the following methods: …
- Click OK to make the changes and exit the dialog.