How do I change external references in Solidworks?
Locking and Breaking External References
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do you delete a reference in Solidworks drawing?
To remove the reference:
- Open the drawing or drawing template that contains the unwanted file reference.
- Expand the View Palette.
- Find and select the the part or assembly that is the unwanted file reference in the drop-down menu.
- Click on the ‘Clear All’ button (the red ‘X’).
- Save the drawing file, and check into PDM.
How do I change a component description in Solidworks?
To change a feature description in a part or assembly document:
- Right-click the feature in the FeatureManager design tree and select Feature Properties.
- In the dialog box, edit the text in Description, then click OK.
How do you reference a part in Solidworks?
To list the external references on a part or feature, right-click the part or the feature or right-click the update holder , and click External References.
What is external reference in Solidworks?
An external reference is created when one document is dependent on another document for its solution. If the referenced document changes, the dependent document changes also. In an assembly, you can create an in-context feature on one component that references the geometry of another component.
How do you delete a broken reference in Solidworks?
Replacing Broken References
- Select a file with a broken reference.
- Click Tools > Update References . …
- Select a reference to replace and click Edit > Replace File.
- In the Replace File dialog box, browse to the file that will replace the broken reference.
- Click Open.
How do I find drawing references in Solidworks?
Select the document in the File Explorer tab in the left pane. Select the References tab in right pane. Information about referenced documents appears in the following columns: Document.
How do you break a link in Solidworks?
To break the link from the original part file:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click the inserted third-party native CAD file and click Break Link.
- In the dialog box, click one of the following: Yes, break the link (cannot be undone) . Breaks the link of the inserted part file from the original file.
How do I change the part number in Solidworks?
To change the part number or description of the saved settings:
- Under Part Numbers, select the part number saved settings.
- Click Edit.
- In the Part Number dialog box, change Part number, Description, or both.
- Click OK.