Where are blocks stored in DraftSight?
Drawing Files Locations: By default Drawing files are saved in your computer on path ‘C:ProgramDataDassault SystemesDraftSightExamples’. By default this location is used to Open , Save , SaveAs , etc Drawing files .
How do I save a drawing in DraftSight?
To save a drawing: Click File > Save (or type Save). The drawing is saved under the location, name, and file type specified when it was opened. If the drawing is unnamed, the Save As dialog box opens so you can set the location, name, and file type.
How do you use DraftSight blocks?
To insert Blocks:
- Click Insert > Block (or type InsertBlock).
- In the dialog box, in Name, select a Block. …
- Under Position, for X, Y, and Z, specify coordinate values, or select Specify later to specify the insertion point on screen after the dialog box closes.
- Under Scale:
How do I edit a block in DraftSight?
To modify a Block definition:
- Click Modify > Component > Edit (or type EditComponent at the command prompt).
- In the graphics area click a Block or Reference to edit.
- From the list in the Edit Component dialog box, select the name of a Block or Reference:
How do I open a Draftsight autosave file?
Setting Automatic Save and Backup Options
- Click Tools > Options (or type Options). …
- In the Options dialog box, click System Options .
- Expand Auto-save & Backup.
- Expand Automatic save file location to set the folder for automatically generated saved files (files of type . …
- Expand Auto-save/backups to set: …
- Click OK.
How do I export blocks to DWG?
To Save a Block as a Drawing (Block Editor)
- Click Insert tab Block panel Block Editor. …
- Click Block Editor tab Open/Save panel Save Block As. …
- In the Save Block As dialog box, enter a name for the new block definition.
- Select the Save Block Definition to Drawing File check box.
How do I create a DXF file in Draftsight?
To export to a DXF file:
- Type ExportDXF.
- In the dialog box, specify the following: Save in: Navigate to the folder where you want to store the file. File name: Type a name for the file. Save as type: Select a . dxf type.
- Click Save.
How do you create a block attribute in DraftSight?
Click the Draw menu -> Block -> Define Block Attributes. This will open the Block Attribute Definition window, shown on the right in the same image.
How do I delete a block in DraftSight?
In the Edit Component dialog box, select the Block or Reference to modify and click OK. All Elements are dimmed except those you can edit in place. Click Modify > Component > Remove Elements (or type ChangeElements and enter the Remove option).
How do you explode in DraftSight?
To explode complex objects:
- Click Modify > Explode (or type Explode).
- In the graphics area, select objects to explode and press Enter. The selected objects are exploded. You can edit the individual objects.
What are blocks in DraftSight?
A Block is a collection of entities bound together as a single entity. After you create a Block, you can insert it whenever you need it in a drawing. When you use the MakeBlock command, the Block is recognized in the current drawing only.
How do I use DraftSight for free?
Here’s a step-by-step on how to access the full free version of DraftSight 2021:
- Go to the DraftSight free trial page.
- Click the download button for Windows or Mac.
- Open the downloaded file to begin the installation process.