What file types can you open in Solidworks?
SolidWorks is a CAD software developed by Dassault Systèmes. SolidWorks supported native or neutral formats are IGES, DXF, DWG, STEP, ACIS, STL, Parasolid, PDF, VDA.
How do I open an import file in Solidworks?
Creating an Import Files Task
- Under Task files or folders, click Add File.
- Select the types of files to import in Files of type. Available selections for file type: IGES (*. igs, *. iges) STEP (*. step, *. stp)
- Browse to the file you want to import, then click Open.
- Repeat steps a, b, and c to select additional files.
How do I import a PCB into Solidworks?
Performing an Import
- A PCB Project must be created or opened before the Import feature will be enabled: File > New PCB Project. …
- Execute the import command: File > Import. …
- Choose the file type from the list of Electrical tools: Select Electrical Tool. …
- Navigate and pick the design files to be converted and select OK.
Can Solidworks open IDF files?
If you have SOLIDWORKS Premium, use the full version of CircuitWorks to import IDF files. See CircuitWorks Help for details. Each IDF file has two parts: the board file and the library file; for example, . emn and .
Can SOLIDWORKS open Solid Edge files?
Browse to a file, and click Open. Solid Edge files store data only in metric units so SOLIDWORKS always reads Solid Edge files in metric units.
What file types can Solid Edge open?
Solid Edge supported native or neutral formats are STL, IGES, DXF, DWG, STEP, Microstation, Parasolid, ACIS, PLMXML, NX.
How do I open a STL file in SOLIDWORKS?
To set the import options:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In Files of type, select STL (*. stl), VRML (*. wrl), or 3MF (*. 3mf), and click Options.
- Select from the options described below, then click OK. Option. Description. Import as. Graphics Body. …
- Select a file, then click Open to import the file.
How do I open a PSD file in SOLIDWORKS?
To import Photoshop files, click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open and select Adobe Photoshop Files (*. psd) for Files of type. To save SOLIDWORKS data as Photoshop files: Click File > Save As and select Adobe Photoshop Files (*.
How do I open EMN and EMP in Solidworks?
To import IDF files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, set Files of type to IDF (*. emn,*. …
- To select options, click Options, select from the options, then click OK.
- Select the file to open, then click Open to import the file as a SOLIDWORKS document.
What is solidworks PCB?
SOLIDWORKS® PCB (formerly PCBWorks) is a PCB (printed circuit board) design tool that is integrated with the SOLIDWORKS 3D design software. It is installed by SOLIDWORKS Installation Manager as part of the Individual installation.
What is an IDF file used for?
Intermediate Data Format (IDF) files are used interoperate between electronic design automation (EDA) software and solid modeling mechanical computer-aided design (CAD) software. The format was devised by David Kehmeier at the Mentor Graphics Corporation.