How do I import IMX files into Civil 3D?
To Import and Export IMX Files
- At the command line, enter IMX_IMPORT.
- Select the IMX file to import and click Open.
How do I export IMX?
To export an IMX file
- On the Output tab, on the Export panel, click Export IMX Find.
- Specify the path for the writable folder.
- Specify the IMX version. The file is saved using the naming format
. imx in the specified folder.
How do I import IMX files into InfraWorks?
To import Autodesk IMX data
- Click Add File Data Source.
- Click Autodesk IMX.
- Open the file you exported.
- Select the feature classes to import. Each feature class will appear under its respective category in the Data Sources list. For example, imported surfaces will appear under Terrain.
How do I export InfraWorks to Civil 3D?
To export 3D model data for use in Autodesk Civil 3D
- Click Manage Model. …
- In the Model Explorer panel, make the desired layers visible. …
- Zoom out to see the area to export.
- Click Present/Share Present. …
- In the Export to 3D Model File dialog box, specify the area to export:
How do I create a new surface in Civil 3D?
Go to the Prospector tab in Toolspace and right click on Surfaces, select Create Surface. Alternatively, you can type CREATESURFACE at the command line.
How do I import a surface from another drawing in Civil 3D?
So here’s how:
- To copy a surface (DTM) in Civil 3D, select the surface and then right-click.
- In the pop-up menu select BASIC MODIFY TOOLS, then select COPY.
- When prompted to enter the base point, enter 0, 0 at the command line, and press ENTER.
- When prompted to enter the second point, press ENTER.
How do I import 3D models into InfraWorks?
Do one of the following: Drag and drop the model file onto the InfraWorks window. Click Manage Content .
To import 3D models
- Click (Add File Data Source).
- Click 3D Model.
- Open the model file. InfraWorks supports FBX, IMX, 3DS, OBJ, DAE, and DXF files.
How do I import IMX files into Revit?
Go to [Add-Ins] > [InfraWorks Structures] > [Import Civil Structures]. Browse to the folder with the . IMX file created by the “Send to Revit”. Click [OK] to complete the import process.
How do you open InfraWorks in Civil 3D?
Open Autodesk Civil 3D, and on the Autodesk InfraWorks tab, click Open Model or Import IMX. in the Open InfraWorks Model dialog. Specify an InfraWorks model to open. You can select a local InfraWorks model by selecting a SQLITE file, or you can select an IMX file that was exported from InfraWorks.