How do I enlarge a design in Solidworks?
In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale . Set options in the PropertyManager. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set.
How do I scale a sketch in Solidworks?
(Sketch toolbar) or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Sketch Picture.
To use the scale tool:
- Place the left end of the scale tool at one end of the picture. …
- Drag the right end of the scale tool to extend the length of the line. …
- In the Modify dialog box for dimensions, enter a value for the desired measurement and click .
How do I change the scale of a worksheet in Solidworks?
You can change the scale of a drawing sheet by selecting a scale from a predefined list or specifying a custom scale. To change the scale of an existing drawing sheet: In the status bar, click Sheet Scale and click a scale. If there are annotations in the drawing sheet, specify options in the dialog box and click OK.
How do I change the size of a part in Solidworks?
To change a dimension: Double-click a dimension. The Modify dialog box appears. Change the dimension value with the arrows, thumbwheel, mouse wheel, or by typing in the dimension box.
How do I move a sketch image in Solidworks?
You can drag and resize images in the graphics area. You can control position, size, rotation, and transparency of images in the Sketch Picture PropertyManager. To open the PropertyManager and enable dragging, double-click the image.
How do you edit a picture in Solidworks sketch?
To edit the picture: Double-click the picture and edit the values in the PropertyManager. Search ‘Editing Sketch Pictures’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do I crop an image in Solidworks?
Creating Crop and Details Views with No Outline
- In a drawing view, sketch a closed sketch profile, such as a circle.
- Select the circle.
- Click Crop View (Drawing toolbar) or Insert > Drawing View > Crop.
- Select the drawing view.
- In the PropertyManager, under Crop View, select No outline.
- Click. .
How do you change the scale of a drawing?
Task 1: Rescale a drawing, using the same unit
Start the scaling command with SC (or SCALE). Make a selection for the objects that need to be included in the scaling operation. Click in the drawing for the first point of the scaling base (base point). Type R to activate Reference scaling.
How do I change the scale in Solidworks?
To set scales: To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following: In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale. Right-click the sheet and select Properties, then edit the values of Scale.
How do you dimension in Solidworks?
To add a dimension to a sketch or drawing:
- Click Smart Dimension. on the Dimensions/Relations toolbar, or click Tools > Dimensions > Smart. …
- Select the items to dimension, as shown in the table below. You can undo previous selections by pressing Esc. …
- Click to place the dimension. To dimension the…
How do I change from inches to mm in Solidworks?
Changing units in the SOLIDWORKS user interface could not be simpler. Go to Tools>Options>Document Properties>Units to change the units that are being used within the SOLIDWORKS design environment.