Can STL files be edited?
Can You Edit & Modify an STL File? You can definitely edit and modify STL files, and it can be done using two different types of modeling software: CAD (Computer-Aided Design) Software. Mesh Editing Tools.
Does SOLIDWORKS work with STL?
STL Files: SolidWorks. Additive manufacturing uses 3D CAD files in the form of a . STL (Standard Tessellation Language) file format. This is a standard file format that is supported by most major 3D CAD programs and is frequently used for rapid prototyping.
How do I edit a SOLIDWORKS STL file?
To do this, click on “File” and select “Open.” To access the STL import options, users need to change the file type in the dropdown menu to STL. Next, select “Options.” Here, users can choose to import the file as a graphics body, solid body or surface body.
How can I edit STL files for free?
7 of the best free STL file editors
- MeshLab. MeshLab is a very complete free and open source program to edit your STL files. …
- SketchUp. SketchUp, which used to be called Google SketchUp, is a 3D modeling software that now belongs to the architectural company Trimble Buildings. …
- SculptGL. SculptGL is a free 3D sculpting tool.
How do I create a STL file in Solidworks?
To set the STL export options:
- Click File > Save As.
- Select STL (*. stl) for Save as type, then click Options.
- Select from the options described below, then click OK. Option. Description. Output as. Select either Binary or ASCII as the file format. …
- Click Save to export the document.
How do you scale a STL in SOLIDWORKS?
Scaling a Part
- In a part document, click Scale (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Scale .
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
- Click. The geometry of the model increases or decreases in size according to the scaling factors and other options you set. The Scale feature scales only the geometry of the model.