Can Onshape make STL files?
Onshape is a cloud-based, 3D CAD document system. Onshape can export models in several formats supported by Sketchfab, including glTF, OBJ, STL, Collada, and IGES.
Can I 3D print from Onshape?
Onshape can be used to create 2D drawings and 3D models. To learn how to use it, the company provides users with program guides and specifications in order to understand the basic operation so that they can create better finished designs ready for 3D printing.
Can Onshape edit STL?
stp), IGES (. igs), SolidWorks (. sldprt) and other native geometry files will come into Onshape as editable geometry. Finalized mesh files such as STL and OBJ files will come in as meshes, and are not currently editable in the system.
Can Onshape export STEP files?
And Onshape can export Part Studios to the following formats: Parasolid. ACIS. STEP.
How do I create a 3D print STL file?
Once you have optimized your part using the above steps, it is ready to export as an STL file.
- Download the 3D Print Exporter Plugin from ZBrush.
- Select the ZPlugin menu.
- Click 3D Print Exporter.
- Define and scale your dimensions.
- Select STL > STL Export.
How do I convert a STP file to STL?
Doing so is a very simple process. Open up the file using Onshape, and once inside, select the object, right-click anywhere on the viewport and select “Export”. Once there, simply choose the file format as STL, and now you can convert STEP to STL files, offline, for free!
How do I import STL into Onshape?
The imported file is now in the open Onshape document, as its own tab (listed across the bottom of the document page).
- Click Create.
- To import from your hard drive, click. Import files. …
- Select a file (or files) to import. …
- Select your desired processing option: …
- Click OK to initiate the import. …
- Now you have the ability to:
How do I print assembly from Onshape?
Printing Part Studios and Assemblies
- Open the tab you wish to print.
- Expand the Document menu :
- Select Print. …
- You are able to click and drag the items (parts, models, drawings) to position it within the dotted page borders using Onshape mouse actions for moving parts.
- Select the desired paper size.
How do you turn a mesh into a OnShape?
Use Meshlab (open source software) to decimate your STL to 5000 faces, import into Vectorworks and use the ‘convert to generic solids’ and then export as Parasolid XT which creates a part in OnShape.
How do I import OBJ into OnShape?
Here’s what I did:
- From the main documents page, I clicked on the Import icon.
- Select the OBJ file and open it.
- I received a “Import: Translation Complete” message, indicating that the OBJ translated correctly to a viewable Onshape document.
- From here, I opened up the document and was able to view the model.
How do I save an Onshape file as a PDF?
You can export Onshape drawings to the following file types: PDF.
- Right-click on the Drawing tab.
- Select Export.
- Specify a name for the export file.
- Select the desired export format.
- Select the version and sheets, as appropriate. …
- Choose how to treat overridden dimensions: Show underlines or Hide underlines.
How do I export a CAD file from Onshape?
The first is to right-click any drawing tab in Onshape and choose “Export.” The second is to right-click any face or sketch in an Onshape Part Studio and choose “Export as DXF/DWG.” After doing this, a dialogue will appear with options for the DXF export. Simply set any options that you would like and click “Export.”
What type of file is Onshape?
Onshape supports a number of common and native CAD file formats for both import and export. You are also able to import other, non-CAD files into Onshape for reference (for example, viewing or storage only). Non-CAD files that are able to be imported into Onshape include: .