How do I reduce the size of a PowerPoint file in Windows?
10 Ways to Compress PowerPoint Presentations to Reduce File Size
- Compress pictures.
- Insert pictures instead of copying and pasting.
- Use smaller image files.
- Convert images to a different file type.
- Save a copy of images with artistic effects.
- Compress audio and video.
- Link to audio or video files.
How can I reduce my PowerPoint file size?
Navigate to the File tab in PowerPoint, and the Info page should be selected. If you have video files in your PowerPoint the first button on this page will be to ‘Compress Media‘. Click this button and choose the quality you want PowerPoint to compress your file to.
How do I compress a PowerPoint file to email?
To compress large presentations into zip files:
- Right-click on the file in your computer.
- Choose Send to.
- Select the compressed (zipped) folder.
- Log in to your file hosting service and follow the steps required to upload a file and share it via a link.
Why is my PowerPoint file so big?
Some of the most common reasons for PowerPoint file size to increase are using multiple images, using large images, or embedding elements such as fonts, video or audio directly in the presentation file. An easy way to reduce the file size is to use special compression programs designed for PowerPoint files.
How do reduce file size?
Remove unnecessary images, formatting and macros. Save the file as a recent Word version. Reduce the file size of the images before they are added to the document. If it is still too large, save the file as a PDF.
How do I reduce the MB size of a PowerPoint presentation online?
How to Compress a PPT File for Free
- Upload your PPT to the compress tool; choose ‘Basic Compression. ‘
- Download the file and then choose ‘PDF to PPT’ via the overhead menu.
- Drag the first downloaded file into the orange toolbar.
- Wait for the tool to convert the file and hit ‘Download. ‘
Why can’t I send my PowerPoint through email?
Large File Size
One of the most common reasons why a PowerPoint file won’t attach to the email is because of its file size. If you are using Gmail, the typical limit for uploading a file size is about 25 Mb. … Once the upload is complete, you can right-click on the file and select “Share“. A new window will pop up.
How do I send a large PowerPoint file through Outlook?
To send attachments via Large File Send from the Microsoft Outlook client :
- Create a Message.
- Click on the Mimecast tab.
- Click on the Attach Large Files icon.
- Select the Files you want to attach. Note: …
- Click the Send button.
- Amend the Large File Send options as required: Note: …
- Click on the Send button.
How do I zip a PowerPoint file?
Browse to the presentation you want to compress. Right-click the presentation, and select Send to > Compressed (zipped) folder. Windows creates a new zip file and gives it an identical name as the PowerPoint file.