How do you lock a PowerPoint so it Cannot be edited?
Add password protection to a file
- Select File > Info.
- Select Protect Presentation > Encrypt with Password.
- In the Password box, enter the password you’d like to use. Select OK.
- PowerPoint prompts you to confirm the password by entering it once more.
- Save the file to ensure the password takes effect.
How do I lock an object in PowerPoint 2007?
To lock a shape or object in PowerPoint, users can go to Selection Pane (under Shapes) and select the “Lock” option, or right-click over the object to lock and then click Lock option, which is available in the context menu.
How do I make my PowerPoint read-only?
How to make PowerPoint Read-only and uneditable
- Open the presentation you want to make read-only.
- Find and click on Info.
- Protect your presentation.
- Select Always Open Read-Only.
Which PowerPoint File can’t be edited or modified?
The file has been marked as Final
The presentation may be marked as Final in PowerPoint 2007 or later. That protects it against further changes, so you won’t be able to edit the file. Click the Office button, then choose Prepare, Mark as Final again to make it editable again.
Can you lock things in PowerPoint?
To lock an object in PowerPoint for Windows, users will need to right-click the shape and then select the “Lock” option available in the context menu. Finally, users will be able to unlock any object by heading to the Selection pane and clicking the “Unlock” icon available next to the object name.
Can you lock slides in PowerPoint?
To lock the slides, click the File tab in PowerPoint and choose the Protect Presentation command in the Info pane. In the drop-down menu, select Mark as Final. That will set your presentation in read-only mode.
How do I lock a picture in PowerPoint?
How to Lock a Picture in PowerPoint
- Start PowerPoint. …
- Scroll through the slides on the left until you have located the picture you wish to lock. …
- Right-click on the picture. …
- Click “Lock aspect ratio” located in the middle of the dialog box.
- Click “Close.”