How do I insert a WAV file into PowerPoint?
Select an audio file to insert
- In Normal view, click the slide that you want to add a sound to.
- On the Insert tab, in the Media group, click the arrow under Audio.
- In the list, click Audio from file or Clip Art audio, locate and select the audio clip that you want, and then click Insert.
Can .wav be used in PowerPoint?
*Only PowerPoint 2013 and newer versions. The 32-bit version of PowerPoint 2010 can only play an . mp4 or .
Supported audio file formats.
|MIDI file||.mid or .midi|
|MP3 Audio file||.mp3|
|Advanced Audio Coding – MPEG-4 Audio file*||.m4a, .mp4|
|Windows Audio file||.wav|
How do I embed an audio file in PowerPoint?
Start the audio in the click sequence or immediately
- In Normal view (where you edit your slides), click the audio icon on the slide.
- On the Audio Tools Playback tab, in the Audio Options group, select In Click Sequence or Automatically in the Start list. …
- To test the sound, on the Slide Show tab, click From Beginning.
Why can’t I add audio to my PowerPoint?
When you are on the Insert Tab in Office 365, go to the right side of the Ribbon and look for a double chevron that should launch a pop up with all of the tools that aren’t showing up on your Ribbon (because there isn’t room). Your Audio option might be in there. PowerPoint Responsibly.
How do I insert audio into PowerPoint 2016?
How to Add Sound to Your Slides in PowerPoint 2016
- Move to the slide to which you want to add the sound.
- Open the Insert tab on the Ribbon, click the Audio button located on the right side of the tab, and then choose Audio on My PC. …
- Select the audio file that you want to insert. …
- Click the Insert button.
What audio files does PowerPoint support?
Sound formats that work with PowerPoint include: . wav, . mp3., . wma, .
Which file format can be added to PowerPoint?
File formats that are supported in PowerPoint
|PowerPoint Macro-Enabled Presentation||.pptm|
|PowerPoint 97-2003 Presentation||.ppt|
|PDF Document Format|
What codec is needed for PowerPoint?
mp4 files encoded with H. 264 video (also known as MPEG-4 AVC) and AAC audio. This is your best bet for compatibility across both Windows and Mac versions of PowerPoint.
Which of these is not an audio file type supported by PowerPoint?
Which audio file format can not be used in Powerpoint? Windows Media files (. wmv, . wma) aren’t supported on PowerPoint 2016 for Mac or PowerPoint for Microsoft 365 for Mac.
How do I add pre recorded narration to PowerPoint?
On the Insert tab, in the Media group, click the arrow under Audio, and then click Record Audio. To record the comment, click Record, and start speaking. When you are finished recording, click Stop. In the Name box, type a name for the sound, and then click OK.
How do I get an audio recording to play automatically in PowerPoint?
How Do I Get Audio to Play Automatically in PowerPoint?
- Go to the first slide of your presentation and click on the Sound icon in the Normal view.
- Click on the Playback tab in the Audio Tools section.
- Under Audio Options, open the dropdown menu next to Start and select Automatically.