How do I fix Origin in Solidworks?
Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin. In the Align Grid/Origin PropertyManager, under Selections: To change only the sketch origin: Select a vertex or point for Sketch Origin Location .
How do I move a Solidworks assembly to Origin?
Define the coordinate system at a location on the part or assembly that provides the entities you need to control the angle and direction of each axis. Click in Origin, then select the point or vertex to which you want to translate the origin. Click . The origin moves to the location that you selected.
Why is my component fixed in Solidworks?
It is recommended that at least one assembly component is either fixed, or mated to the assembly planes or origin. This gives a frame of reference for all other mates, and helps prevent unexpected movement of components when mates are added. A fixed component has a (f) before its name in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do you lock position of part in Solidworks assembly?
Locking and Breaking External References
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
How do I show Origin in Solidworks?
To toggle the origin display: Click View > Hide/Show > Origins. When the icon next to the menu item is highlighted, origins are visible (except for origins you have hidden individually). Search ‘Origin’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do I change the global Origin in Solidworks?
To change the origin location or orientation:
- Create blocks from several sketch entities.
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a Block. and select Edit Block. …
- Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin.
- In the Align Grid/Origin PropertyManager, under Selections: …
- Click .
How do I change the orientation of an imported part in Solidworks?
Select the top view from view orientation of “Heads-up View Toolbar” or press “ctrl+5” then click Update Standard View button and choose the front view. A pop-up message will show-up to confirm if you want to change the view, click yes. This feature is the easiest way to change the orientation of your part.
How do you move parts in Solidworks assembly?
Click Move Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Move. The Move Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
How do you rotate a fixed component in Solidworks?
Click Rotate Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Rotate. The Rotate Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
How do you make a component not fixed?
You cannot fix or float an instance in a component pattern. To fix or float an assembly component: Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree. Select Fix or Float.
How do you anchor a part in Solidworks?
To set the anchor points:
- Expand Sheet Format for the sheet in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Right-click one of the anchors, select Set Anchor, then click where you want the anchor point on the sheet. When you set the anchor point from the FeatureManager design tree, you are automatically in Edit Sheet Format mode.