Can I save a section view in Solidworks?
The section view state is retained, even when you save and reopen the document.
How do I export a section in Solidworks?
Exporting Documents and Setting Options
- Select one of the following: The face or surface of a part in the graphics area. …
- Click File > Save As.
- Set Save as type to a file type, then click Options.
- Set options for the file type. …
- In the File name box, type a name. …
- Click Save.
How do you save a custom view in Solidworks?
Saving a Custom View to SOLIDWORKS
- In a SOLIDWORKS document that contains a custom view, press the spacebar or click Orientation. (View toolbar). …
- Hover over the custom view you want to make available in all SOLIDWORKS documents. Options to save or delete the view appear.
- Click Save View to SOLIDWORKS .
How do you create a cross section view in Solidworks?
To create a section view manually:
- Click Section View. (Drawing toolbar), or Insert > Drawing View > Section. …
- To create a section view manually, click Edit sketch to display the Insert Line PropertyManager.
- Sketch a section line. …
- Click to place the view.
How do I view sections in Solidworks?
(View toolbar) or View > Display > Section View.
Section Views in Models
- Select bodies or components to include in or exclude from section views.
- Toggle the view off and on. …
- Show or hide a section cap. …
- Select the faces, edges, and vertices created by a section view.
How do you move a section view in Solidworks?
Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view. Move the pointer over the boundary of a view to highlight the boundary, or select the view. When the move pointer. is displayed, drag the view to a new location.
How do you save individual parts in Solidworks?
Split and Save Bodies
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save.
How do you save a part in an assembly?
Save Assembly as Part PropertyManager
- In an assembly, click File > Save As.
- Select Part (*. prt;*. sldprt) for the file type.
- Select Include specified components.
- Select Override defaults.
- Click Save.
How do you extract parts from an assembly in Solidworks?
Assemblies Saved as Parts Export Options
- Click Tools > Options > System Options > Export.
- For File Format, select SLDPRT from assembly.
- Specify the following options, and click OK.
How do you save a view in Solidworks 2018?
Just hit the save button next to the particular named view you want to save to your SOLIDWORKS system.
How do I add a view in Solidworks?
To insert a model view into a drawing:
- Click Model View. (Drawing toolbar) or Insert > Drawing View > Model.
- Set options in the Model View PropertyManager. …
- Click Next . …
- Set additional options in the Model View PropertyManager. …
- Click .
What does model view do in Solidworks?
Model View creates a single view based on a predefined view orientation. The Model View PropertyManager appears when you create a new drawing, or when you insert a model view into a drawing document.
How do I create a section view?
A full section view is generated by running the cutting plane through the entire length of the object being sectioned.
- Click Layout tab Create View panel Section drop-down Full. …
- Click the view you want to use as the parent view. …
- Click in the drawing area to indicate the start point of the section line.
How do I create a half section view in Solidworks?
To create a half section view:
- Open install_dir sampleswhatsnewdrawingssectionview3. slddrw.
- Click Section View. …
- In the Section View PropertyManager, click Half Section.
- In Half Section, click Topside Right .
- Move the pointer. …
- Drag the preview to the right and click to place the section view.
How do I extend a section view line in Solidworks?
To modify a section line before creating the view:
- Double-click a drawing view and sketch a line (or multiple lines for an aligned section view) in the view. …
- With the line or lines selected, click Insert > Make Section Line.
- Select the section line. …
- Make any changes in the PropertyManager.
- Do one of the following: