How do I share an assembly file in SOLIDWORKS?
To share a file, right-click and select Share. You can then edit settings for each shared file from the File Sharing tab in both the desktop and the Plenary web client interface. The Share command creates a special link to the files through the Plenary web client. You can copy, email, and password protect this link.
Can you send SOLIDWORKS files?
You can share files from SOLIDWORKS Manage with anyone, even if they do not have SOLIDWORKS Manage installed. To share a file, right-click and select Share.
How do I export a SOLIDWORKS assembly?
STEP Export Options
- Click File > Save As.
- Select a STEP file type for Save as type, then click Options.
- Select from the options described below, then click OK.
- Click Save to export the document.
How do I zip a file in SOLIDWORKS?
SOLIDWORKS: Creating a Pack and Go
- Open SOLIDWORKS.
- Open the part, drawing or assembly you would like to Pack and Go.
- Go to File -> Pack and Go.
- Select which associated files are to be zipped.
- Check “Save to zip folder”.
- Select browse to select where to save the Zip and what to call it.
- Select Save. Related Blog Posts.
How do you save a SOLIDWORKS assembly with all parts?
With your top level assembly open, left click on a sub-assembly that you would like to save as a part and chose Open Subassembly. 2. With the sub-assembly open click File, Save as. Chose the option to Save as when prompted.
How do you share on SOLIDWORKS?
SOLIDWORKS Manage 2021 allows you to share files with people who do not have Manage installed on their systems, through an HTTP link to the Web Plenary client. To share a file, simply right-click it and select Share.
What is one advantage of Top Down Assembly Modelling?
The advantage of top-down design is that much less rework is needed when design changes occur. The parts know how to update themselves based on the way you created them. You can use top-down design techniques on certain features of a part, complete parts, or entire assemblies.
What type of software is SOLIDWORKS?
SOLIDWORKS, a solid modeling computer-aided design and computer-aided engineering program, is one of the most popular software options for mechatronics engineers. SOLIDWORKS was developed by MIT graduate Jon Hirschtick and was bought by Dassault Systems in 1997.
What does SOLIDWORKS PDM do?
SOLIDWORKS PDM enables your teams to securely store and index design data for fast retrieval, eliminate concerns over version control and data loss, and collaborate on designs in multiple locations.
Can I save a SOLIDWORKS assembly as a part?
To open the Save Assembly as Part PropertyManager: In an assembly, click File > Save As. Select Part (*.
How do I export individual parts in SOLIDWORKS?
To create an exploded view:
- Click Exploded View. (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Exploded View.
- Select one or more solid bodies to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a triad arm to explode the solid bodies. …
- Under Settings, click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as needed, then click .
What is Pack N Go?
Gathers all related files for a model design (parts, assemblies, drawings, references, design tables, Design Binder content, decals, appearances, and scenes, and SOLIDWORKS Simulation results) into a folder or zip file.
How do I save as pack and go?
In the Pack and Go dialog box, choose to save to a folder or zip file.
- If a specified folder does not exist, it creates the folder.
- If you choose to email a zip file, an email message with the zip file attached opens for you to address and send.