How do you change orientation in SolidWorks?
The Orientation Menu can be accessed by clicking the View Orientation icon, located in the top middle of the graphics window. The Orientation Menu can also be accessed by pressing the spacebar, which is the default setting for SolidWorks.
How do you change from portrait to landscape in SolidWorks?
Changing the Orientation of a Model View
- Select a view.
- In the PropertyManager, under Orientation, select a different view orientation.
How do I rotate a part in Solidworks?
To fix this, go to Insert, Features, Move/Copy.
In the PropertyManager, make sure you are in Translate/Rotate mode and not Constraints mode. (See button at the bottom of the PropertyManager). Type in the angle of rotation desired in the proper box to rotate the body about the X, Y, or Z axis.
How do you rotate a part in Solidworks?
Click Rotate Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Rotate. The Rotate Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
How do you change the XYZ axis in Solidworks?
To specify the up axis for view orientation:
- Open a model.
- Click View Orientation (View toolbar).
- In the Orientation dialog box, click the Up Axis flyout and select an option: Apply Y-up views. Uses the Y-axis as the up orientation for views. Apply Z-up views. Uses the Z-axis as the up orientation for views.
How do I change the orientation of an isometric view in Solidworks?
To change the orientation of a section or aligned section view to isometric: Right-click a section or aligned section view and select Isometric Section View. To remove the isometric orientation, right-click the view and select Remove Isometric View.
How do you remove orientation view in Solidworks?
To delete a saved view, in any SOLIDWORKS document, in the Orientation dialog box, hover over Saved Views and click Delete View from SOLIDWORKS .
How do I rotate a model view in Solidworks?
Rotating a Drawing View Around its Center Point
- Click Rotate View. (View toolbar), or right-click the view and select Zoom/Pan/Rotate > Rotate View. …
- Do one of the following: Drag the view to the desired rotation. …
- Set options, then click Apply: …
- Click Close to close the dialog box.
How do you align a part in Solidworks?
To align sketches:
- Select a line or a point in a sketch to be aligned with another sketch.
- Hold Ctrl and select a line or a point in the second sketch to which the first sketch is to be aligned.
- Click Align Sketch (2D to 3D toolbar), or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Sketch.