Where is document properties in solidworks?
The document properties that are available on the left side of the Document Properties tab depend on the type of document that is open. Some document properties are relevant to all document types (parts, assemblies, and drawings), while others are not.
Where is sheet format in solidworks?
To select a different sheet format in an existing drawing document, right-click in the graphics area and select Properties. Search ‘Sheet Format/Size’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do I change sheet details in solidworks?
Editing the Drawing Sheet Format
- Click Edit Sheet Format (Sheet Format toolbar), or Edit > Sheet Format, or right-click any blank area on the drawing sheet, or the sheet icon in the FeatureManager design tree, and click Edit Sheet Format.
- Edit the sheet format.
How do I change the sheet size in solidworks 2021?
In an open drawing, you can change to a different sheet format. In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click Sheet Format and click Properties.
- Click New (Standard toolbar).
- Select Drawing , then click OK.
- Select from the following, then click OK.
How do I view properties in Solidworks?
Available for all document types. To open this page: With a drawing open, click Options (Standard toolbar), select the Document Properties tab, and then select Drafting Standard.
How do I change document properties in Solidworks?
To edit custom properties: Click Edit List on the Custom tab of the Summary Information dialog box. The Edit List dialog box with the list of properties appears.
Editing the List of Custom Properties
- Add. Type a name in the box and click Add.
- Delete. Select a property from the list and click Delete.
- Move Up. …
- Move Down.
What is the sheet called where you place your part and then add the dimensions?
The sheet where you place part views of the model and do all of your drawing view construction is called a working sheet.
How do I open a worksheet file in Solidworks?
Saving Sheet Formats
- Click File > Save Sheet Format.
- Edit File name. You can overwrite standard formats or create custom formats. Sheet format files have extension . …
- Click Save. Custom properties in the document are saved with the sheet format and added to any new documents that use the format.
How do I change the default sheet format in Solidworks?
To change the default template:
- Click Options. or Tools > Options.
- Select Default Templates.
- Click the appropriate browse button (Parts, Assemblies, or Drawings).
- In the New SolidWorks Document dialog box, select the template you prepared and click OK.
- Select: Always use these default document templates. …
- Click OK.
How do I edit a sheet in SOLIDWORKS for all sheets?
To change the sheet format for multiple sheets at the same time:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a drawing sheet and click Properties.
- In the Sheet Properties dialog box, on the Sheet Properties tab, click Select Sheets to Modify.
- In the Sheet Selection dialog box, select the sheets to change.
- Click OK.
How do I add a sheet in SOLIDWORKS?
Adding a Sheet
You can add new sheets to existing drawing documents. To add a sheet: Click Insert > Sheet. You can also right-click any sheet tab or any sheet icon in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Add Sheet.
How do I make a drawing sheet in SOLIDWORKS?
To create a template:
- Click New (Standard toolbar) or File > New.
- Double-click the type of template that you want to create: Part, Assembly, or Drawing.
- Click Options. …
- On the Document Properties tab, select options to customize your new document template, then click OK. …
- Click File > Save As.
How do I change a custom scale in Solidworks?
To set custom scales for drawing views:
- In a drawing, select an existing view or insert a new view.
- In the PropertyManager, under Scale, select Use custom scale.
- In the box, enter a scale in the format x:x or x/x . You can also click and select a predefined scale from the list.
How do you scale a 2d drawing in Solidworks?
To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following:
- In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale.
- Right-click the sheet and select Properties, then edit the values of Scale.
How do I add a scale bar in Solidworks?
Scales in Drawings
- To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following: In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale. …
- To set the scale of a drawing view, do one of the following: For existing drawing views, select a view or views, then set the Scale in the PropertyManager.