How do you make a fastener in SolidWorks?
To add fasteners from the SolidWorks toolbox, open the task pane, find the fastener you want to add, and drag and drop it where you want it. Automatic mates will be added if you select a compatible edge. Once you drop the fastener, you can specify all the type settings.
How do I edit Smart fasteners in SolidWorks?
Changing the Type of Smart Fastener
- Under Results, select the Group whose fastener type you want to change.
- Under Series Components, in Fastener, right-click and select Change fastener type.
- Select from the following: Option. …
- Click OK.
What is Toolbox in SolidWorks?
The Toolbox is a collection of several powerful tools built into SolidWorks; it can increase productivity and decrease the time required to complete a design. The Toolbox contains a vast library of standard hardware components that can easily be dropped into a design at any point.
How do you flip a smart fastener?
To flip Smart Fasteners:
- Under Results, click Edit Grouping.
- Expand the Group in the fastener tree.
- Right-click the Series you want to flip and select Flip. The heads of the fasteners in the selected series flip to the other side of the joint.
How do I create a smart component in SOLIDWORKS?
To make a component smart:
- Create an assembly containing: …
- Position the components and apply mates.
- Click Make Smart Component (Assemblies toolbar) or click Tools > Make Smart Component.
- Set options in the Smart Component PropertyManager.
How do I make a solidworks toolbox?
Welcome to Toolbox Setup
- In SOLIDWORKS, click Tools > Options > Hole Wizard/Toolbox > Configure .
- From Windows, click Start > All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Tools > Toolbox Settings .
- When Toolbox is loaded and a document is open in SOLIDWORKS, click Toolbox > Configure.
How can you create relationships between parts within an assembly?
To create a part within an assembly:
- Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part.
- For externally saved parts, type a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
- Select a plane or planar face (while the pointer is ).
What size is M3 screw?
The same goes for a coarse M3. 5-0.6 and a 6-32 screw—the threads of the 6-32 are more widely spaced so, again, it will have fewer threads for the same length. (M3.
How do you make threaded screws in Solidworks?
Creating a Cut Thread
- Open a part file. The diameter of the cylinder is 6mm. …
- Click Insert > Features > Thread .
- In the graphics area, select the top edge of the cylinder.
- In the PropertyManager, under Specification: …
- Under Thread Location: …
- Under End Condition, click Maintain Thread Length. …
- Click .
What is SOLIDWORKS routing?
The Routing application is an add-in to the SOLIDWORKS Premium software. With Routing, you can create a special type of subassembly that builds a path of pipes, tubes, electrical cables or ducts between components. When you insert certain components into an assembly, a route subassembly is created automatically.
Where is toolbar in SOLIDWORKS?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars: Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name. Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
Is SOLIDWORKS Toolbox free?
SOLIDWORKS Toolbox is included with SOLIDWORKS Professional and SOLIDWORKS Premium, the premium brand in affordable 3D CAD software.