How do you select solid bodies in Solidworks?
The solid bodies you select are highlighted in the graphics area and listed in the Feature Scope box.
- In the PropertyManager, under Feature Scope, choose Selected bodies and Auto-select.
- Click .
- Click OK in the dialog box.
How do I select a face in Solidworks?
> Display/Selection and click Enable select through transparency. As you move the pointer over opaque geometry that is behind transparent geometry, the opaque faces, edges, and vertices highlight. Click to select the highlighted geometry in the graphics area.
How do you select an area in Solidworks?
To access selection options, click the Select down arrow and choose an option on the Select flyout menu. In parts and assemblies, you can open the selection context toolbar by right-clicking in empty space in the graphics area. To select multiple items, hold down Ctrl while selecting.
How do you select all components in Solidworks?
Click the down arrow on Select (Standard toolbar) and select: Select All. Selects all shown components and highlights them in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do you select an object in Solidworks?
In SOLIDWORKS, you can select objects as follows:
- Click objects in the graphics area.
- Press Ctrl while clicking to select more than one object.
- Drag the pointer from left to right to define a box selection or from right to left to define a cross selection.
How do you select edges in Solidworks?
To manually select each edge: Right-click and select Clear Selections. Select an edge. In the graphics area a red arrow appears at the endpoint of the edge and indicates a possible next edge, and selection tools appear in the PropertyManager.
How do I select a connecting line in Solidworks?
- Right-click a sketch entity and choose Select Chain. The entities of sketch geometry such as rectangles and polygons are selected. You can also select construction entities. If the geometry includes branches, the chain stops at the branch. …
- You can hold Ctrl and select multiple chains.
How do you select a rectangle in Solidworks?
Use the Shift and Ctrl keys the same way as in Microsoft Explorer. Shift selects everything within the box whether currently selected or not.
How do I change the selection tool in Solidworks?
To set display options:
- Click Options. or Tools > Options.
- Click Selection.
- Select from the options described below, then click OK.