How do I change the Toolbox component in SOLIDWORKS?
To replace Toolbox components:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, select the components to replace.
- Right-click and click Edit Toolbox Component.
- In the PropertyManager, under Replace Component, click Change Fastener Type.
- In the dialog box, select the replacement component and click OK.
How do I edit a screw in SOLIDWORKS?
Changing the Type of Smart Fastener
Under Results, select the Group whose fastener type you want to change. Under Series Components, in Fastener, right-click and select Change fastener type. Displays the full range of available fasteners based on the Standard and Type selected. Click OK.
How do you customize a Toolbox in SOLIDWORKS?
From Windows, click Start > All Programs > SOLIDWORKS version > SOLIDWORKS Tools > Toolbox Settings . Click 2 – Customize Your Hardware.
How can you change the size of a Toolbox screw in an assembly?
If you open an assembly with the wrong sizes, right-click a component and select Edit the Toolbox components and choose the correct sizes for one of each of the incorrectly sized types of hardware.
How do I edit Toolbox?
To edit a Python toolbox, right-click the toolbox and click Edit. When you finish your edits, your Python toolbox will be automatically refreshed when the editor is closed. Alternatively, to manually refresh a Python toolbox at any time, right-click the toolbox and click Refresh.
How do you fix a Toolbox in SOLIDWORKS?
Open the Control Panel and find Programs and Features. The installation manager will open showing options for what can be changed about SOLIDWORKS. Choose Repair your installation. Proceed through the Next windows and repair the installation of SOLIDWORKS.
What is Toolbox in SOLIDWORKS?
The Toolbox is a collection of several powerful tools built into SolidWorks; it can increase productivity and decrease the time required to complete a design. The Toolbox contains a vast library of standard hardware components that can easily be dropped into a design at any point.
How do I get my SOLIDWORKS toolbar back?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars:
- Right-click in the window border and select or clear a toolbar name.
- Click Tools > Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display.
How do I add a toolbox in SOLIDWORKS?
From the SOLIDWORKS menu, click Tools > Add-Ins . In the Add-Ins dialog box, under Active Add-ins and Start Up, select SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Utilities, SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Library, or both. You can also activate the SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Library add-in by clicking Add in now in the Toolbox Design Library task pane. Click OK.
How do I put screws in SOLIDWORKS toolbox?
Smart Fasteners are added based on the Files options in the SOLIDWORKS Toolbox – User Settings dialog box. You can add fasteners to an assembly as a configuration of an existing part or as a copy of an existing part.
Smart Fasteners Overview
- Click Tools > Add-ins.
- Select SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Library.
- Click OK.
How do I change Toolbox components?
To edit Toolbox components from the Configure Component PropertyManager:
- In the FeatureManager design tree, Shift + select the configurations to modify.
- Right-click and click Edit Toolbox component. …
- Modify component properties. …
- Click .
How do I add custom parts to Toolbox in SOLIDWORKS?
To add a part to the Toolbox library. from the Customize Toolbox page of Toolbox Settings, right-click a folder, and click Add File. Search ‘Adding Content to the Toolbox Library’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do you make a Toolbox component in SOLIDWORKS?
To create a part from a Toolbox component:
- In the Design Library task pane, under Toolbox , expand the standard, category, and type of the component. …
- Right-click the component and click Create Part.
- In the PropertyManager, under Properties, specify property values. …
- Click .