How do you add parts in Solidworks?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .
How do I add a part to a drawing in Solidworks?
When the new document window opens, select Browse under the Part/Assembly to Insert section on the left-hand bar and select a part or assembly you wish you insert from the file browser.
How do you move an inserted part in Solidworks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body:
- Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy . …
- Click Translate/Rotate or Constraints at the bottom of the PropertyManager (if necessary) to switch to the page you want.
- Set options in the PropertyManager.
How do I insert an image into Solidworks?
Inserting Sketch Pictures
- In an open sketch, click Sketch Picture. (Sketch toolbar) or click Tools > Sketch Tools > Sketch Picture.
- In the dialog box, browse to the picture file and click Open. The picture is inserted.
- Set the properties on the first page of the Sketch Picture PropertyManager as necessary. …
- Click .
What is assembly solidworks?
You can build complex assemblies consisting of many components, which can be parts or other assemblies, called subassemblies. For most operations, the behavior of components is the same for both types. Adding a component to an assembly creates a link between the assembly and the component.
How do I create a Solidworks assembly?
To create an assembly from a part:
- Click Make Assembly from Part/Assembly (Standard toolbar) or File > Make Assembly from Part. An assembly opens with the Insert Component PropertyManager active.
- Click in the graphics area to add the part to the assembly. SOLIDWORKS makes the first component fixed.
How do you make an assembly part in Solidworks?
To create a part within an assembly: Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part. For externally saved parts, enter a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
How do I convert assembly to single part in Solidworks?
To open the Save Assembly as Part PropertyManager:
- In an assembly, click File > Save As.
- Select Part (*. prt;*. sldprt) for the file type.
- Select Include specified components.
- Select Override defaults.
- Click Save.
What is a Solidworks part?
part. A single 3D object made up of features. A part can become a component in an assembly, and it can be represented in 2D in a drawing. Examples of parts are bolt, pin, plate, and so on. The extension for a SOLIDWORKS part file name is .
How do you add a number to a part in Solidworks?
Drag a part from the Design Library into the assembly.
To save new settings for a part number:
- Set properties.
- Under Part Numbers, click Part Number Unassigned and click Add.
- In the Part Number dialog box, enter a part number or type a description. …
- Click OK.
How do you add part of a part?
Inserting a part into a part is simple. Go to the File menu and click Insert and Part. Then browse to find the existing part. Finally, you’ll have to locate the part to make sure it’s in the right place for your design process.
How do you copy and paste parts in Solidworks?
To copy and paste a sketch:
- Select the closed sketch in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Edit > Copy or press Ctrl+C.
- Click in the sketch or document where you want to paste the center of the sketch.
- Click Edit > Paste or press Ctrl+V.
How do I copy and paste in Solidworks assembly?
Pick the top of a feature tree for a component and select Edit > Copy. Then go to a drawing and select Edit > Paste. SOLIDWORKS has now inserted, or pasted, a copy of that component in a model view in the drawing.