What is the difference between rooms and spaces in Revit?
Rooms are not affected by space separation lines. Spaces are measured from the wall finish face. Spaces use the computation height that is defined in the architectural model. A space understands in which room of a linked model it resides, and it can report the identity of that room.
How do you add a space in Revit?
Open a view where you want to place a space. Click Analyze tab Spaces and Zones panel Space. On the Options Bar, specify parameters for the space. Move the cursor into the drawing area and click to place the space.
What are spaces in Revit?
Revit uses the space component to maintain information about the area where it is placed. Spaces store values for a variety of parameters that affect the heating and cooling load analysis for a project.
How do you manage rooms in Revit?
Delete a Room
- If the project does not include a room schedule, create one.
- Display the room schedule in the drawing area.
- To delete one room, place the cursor in the schedule row for that room.
- To delete multiple rooms, do the following: …
- Click Modify Schedule/Quantities tab Rows panel (Delete).
How do you change room boundaries in Revit?
If the Properties palette is off, you can right click anywhere in the drawing area and click Properties. Alternatively you can also go the View tab, click User Interface and then click Properties. To select multiple walls at once use a crossing window or press and hold Control while picking the walls.
Where are space tags in Revit?
Add Space Tags
- Click Analyze tab Spaces & Zones panel Space Tag.
- Click space components in the view. Note: If spaces overlap where you click to place a tag, then only one space is tagged. If a space in the current model and a space in the linked model overlap, then the space in the current model is tagged.