How do I edit a BOM table in SOLIDWORKS?
Bill of Materials – Edit Text
- Double-click the BOM, or right-click the BOM and select Edit. While the bill of materials is active, it is displayed with row and column headers. …
- Edit the worksheet as needed, using Excel functions. You can perform these kinds of edits: …
- Click outside the worksheet to return to the drawing.
How do you populate a BOM in SOLIDWORKS?
Creating Bills of Materials from Parts or Assemblies
- With the part or assembly open, select Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Set the BOM properties in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager and click . To create a parts-only BOM, select Parts only for BOM Type. …
- Click the graphics area to place the BOM.
How do I add a column to a bill of materials in SOLIDWORKS?
To add custom columns to the bill of materials:
- Open the BOM template file. …
- Insert a new column where you want the information to appear. …
- Enter the column heading for the property you want to display in that column, and press Enter. …
- Click the cell to select it.
How do I change the item number in SOLIDWORKS bom?
To assign a new item number to the replaced component and keep it in the same row, in the Bill of Materials PropertyManager, select Keep Missing Item and Assign new item number and do not keep replaced component.
How do you update a material in SolidWorks?
Editing a Custom Material
- In a part document, right-click Material in the FeatureManager design tree and select Edit Material.
- In the material tree, browse to a custom library and select a custom material.
- Edit properties of the material, then click Save.
How do I edit a custom property in SolidWorks?
To edit custom properties:
- Click Edit List on the Custom tab of the Summary Information dialog box. The Edit List dialog box with the list of properties appears.
- You can do one of the following: Add. Type a name in the box and click Add. Delete. Select a property from the list and click Delete. Move Up.
How do you link Bill of Materials in SolidWorks?
Bill of Materials PropertyManager
- Click Bill of Materials on the Table toolbar, or with a document open, click Insert > Tables > Bill of Materials.
- Click the pan icon in the upper left corner of an existing bill of materials.
How do I link a BOM to a part in SolidWorks?
First, right-click on the view you want to link to a BOM. On the pop-up menu, choose Properties. In the Drawing View Properties Dialogue box, check ‘Link balloon text to specified table. ‘ Choose the correct table (BOM) from the drop-down below.
How do I change a description in SolidWorks?
To change a feature description in a part or assembly document:
- Right-click the feature in the FeatureManager design tree and select Feature Properties.
- In the dialog box, edit the text in Description, then click OK.
How do I reorder Bill of Materials in SolidWorks?
Bill of Materials Sort
- Click in the upper left corner of the table.
- In the Bill of Materials PropertyManager, under Item Numbers, select Follow assembly order .
How do you add material to a Bill of Materials?
You can add more information such as Material, Vendor_Number, Cost, and so on to the open part or subassembly document by clicking File > Properties and selecting the Custom tab or the Configurations specific tab. (See Summary Info – Custom and Configuration Specific for information about specifying properties.)
How do you add weights in BOM solidworks?
RE: Adding automated weight in BOM
Link the mass to a custom property (research custom properties in the help file). Go to the custom properties manager (“File–>Properties” and click on the “Custom” tab). Here is where you make custom properties.