How do I remove a link in SOLIDWORKS?
Select one or more file links under the item, then right-click and select Remove Link.
How do you change a link in a SOLIDWORKS drawing?
To change file references in a drawing view:
- Click Replace Model. (Drawing toolbar) or Tools > Replace Model.
- In the PropertyManager, under Selected Views, select a drawing view.
- Under New Model, browse to select a part or an assembly file, and click Open.
- Double-part icon. …
- Click .
How do you break references in SOLIDWORKS?
Locking and Breaking External References
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.
What does break link do in SOLIDWORKS?
By breaking the link, the inserted part feature dissolves and the part retains all the folders and sub-folders. All the inserted part features become regular SOLIDWORKS features that you can modify or delete. This is an irreversible action and you cannot connect the part with the original part after breaking the link.
What is SOLIDWORKS 3D interconnect?
3D Interconnect replaces SOLIDWORKS current translation capabilities with new technology and workflows for working with third-party native CAD data in SOLIDWORKS 2017. You can: Insert proprietary CAD data directly into a SOLIDWORKS assembly without converting it to a SOLIDWORKS file.
Where is the FeatureManager design tree in SOLIDWORKS?
The FeatureManager design tree on the left side of the SOLIDWORKS window provides an outline view of the active part, assembly, or drawing. This makes it easy to see how the model or assembly was constructed or to examine the various sheets and views in a drawing.
How do I change a part reference in Solidworks?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or filename using one of the following methods: …
- Click OK to make the changes and exit the dialog.
How do you delete a reference part in Solidworks?
To change or remove a reference:
- Check out the parent file.
- On the Contains tab, click Custom References .
- In the Edit User-Defined File References dialog box, do one of the following: To remove a reference, clear Referenced. …
- Click OK.
- Check in the parent file.
How do you delete a broken reference in Solidworks?
Replacing Broken References
- Select a file with a broken reference.
- Click Tools > Update References . …
- Select a reference to replace and click Edit > Replace File.
- In the Replace File dialog box, browse to the file that will replace the broken reference.
- Click Open.
How do I break a toolbox link in Solidworks?
Here’s how to permanently break that link and dissociate it from the original file.
- Save Your Part. Before making any changes to the part, we need to save it. …
- Run the SOLIDWORKS Executable “sldsetdocprop.exe” …
- Change the Property State to “No” …
- Update the Status. …
- Verify That it Worked.
How do I convert a STEP file to Solidworks?
To open STEP, IGES, and ACIS files in SOLIDWORKS:
- Click Open (Standard toolbar) or File > Open.
- In the dialog box, in Files of type, select the desired file format: STEP AP203/214/242 (*. …
- In the dialog box, browse to the desired file.
- Click Options.
- In the System Options dialog box, set options including: …
- Click OK.
How do you break a mirror link in Solidworks?
Optionally, if you want to independently edit the features of the mirrored part without affecting the original part, under Link, click Break link to original part. You can also break the link to the original part later by listing the mirrored part’s external references and selecting Break All.
How do you save step assembly in Solidworks?
Assemblies Saved as Parts Export Options
- Click Tools > Options > System Options > Export.
- For File Format, select SLDPRT from assembly.
- Specify the following options, and click OK.