How do I turn on underlay in Revit?
Create an Underlay
- In the Project Browser, open a plan view.
- On the Properties palette, for Range: Base Level, select the level you want to underlay. Range: Top Level is automatically set to one level above the Base Level. …
- On the Properties palette, for Underlay Orientation, select Look Up or Look Down.
How do you overlay views in Revit?
Create Overlay Views
On the ribbon, click Place Views tab Create panel Base, and then in the Drawing View dialog, specify the assembly file and the design view. On the ribbon, click Place Views tab Create panel Overlay, and then click the base view. Edit the overlay view as desired.
How do you not show the first floor in Revit?
Go to Solution. Change the View Properties to None for Underlays or the View Range if it has been changed to show the Bottom Primary depth or View Depth below the current view floor level. Reight-Click in the view and select View Properties or type in VP. worked.
How do I show below floor in Revit?
- In plan view, click View menu > View Properties.
- Click the Edit button for the View Range parameter.
- Enter a value for both the Bottom Offset, under Primary Range, and the Level Offset, under View Depth, that is more than 4 feet from the floor or slab.
What is an underlay in Revit?
When you set an underlay, Revit displays another level of the model at the view’s cut plane under the current plan view. The underlay can be viewed from above or below the current level. The underlay appears in halftone and is visible in a hidden line view.
How do I show walls below in Revit?
All of the walls and floors are contained within the linked model.
- Open the host file and link the structural model.
- Open the “Visibility and graphic overrides” dialog box and go the “Revit links” tab.
- In the “Display settings” click “By host view”.
- Select “By linked view” and select the view to display.
How do I make properties visible in Revit?
My properties window has disappeared, how do I get it back? Right-click and select Properties from the right-click window, or from the Ribbon View (Tab) > Window > User Interface > tick on Properties.
What is view depth in Revit?
View depth is an additional plane beyond the primary range. Change the view depth to show elements below the bottom clip plane. By default, the view depth coincides with the bottom clip plane.
How do you create an overlay view in Inventor?
Create Overlay Views
On the ribbon, click Place Views tab Create panel Base, and then in the Drawing View dialog, specify the assembly file and the view representation. On the ribbon, click Place Views tab Create panel Overlay, and then click the base view.
How do you do a halftone in Revit?
Define Halftone/Underlay Settings
- Click Manage tab Settings panel Additional Settings drop-down (Halftone/Underlay).
- In the Halftone/Underlay dialog, under Underlay, define the following settings: …
- Under Halftone, for Brightness, enter a value or use the slider to specify a setting between Light and Dark. …
- Click OK.
How do you hide layers in Revit?
- Open a project view in Revit.
- Click View tab Graphics panel (Visibility/Graphics).
- Click the Imported Categories tab.
- In the Visibility column, click to expand the DWG file name of the linked or imported file. …
- Clear the check boxes for any layers that you want to hide in the current view.
- Click OK.