How do you copy a body in Solidworks?
To move, copy, rotate, or mate a solid or surface body: Click Move/Copy Bodies (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Move/Copy. Specify parameters to move, copy, or rotate bodies. Apply mates between bodies.
How do you use solid bodies in Solidworks?
Grouping Bodies into Folders
- Expand Solid Bodies in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Right-click a solid body name, select Add to New Folder, and name the folder. The selected solid body is listed in the new folder. You can drag other bodies into the same folder, and create other new folders and subfolders.
What is a body in Solidworks?
A multibody part occurs within SOLIDWORKS when there is more than one continuous solid inside a single part file. A multibody part can be used as an intermediate step towards a single body or an as alternative to an assembly.
How do I move a whole part in Solidworks?
Click Move Component (Assembly toolbar) or Tools > Component > Move. The Move Component PropertyManager appears, and the pointer changes to . Select one or more components in the graphics area. Select a component and drag in any direction.
How do you duplicate parts in Solidworks?
To copy the feature to the part, hold CTRL , and select the Cut Feature in the FeatureManager Design Tree. While holding CTRL and the left mouse button, drag and drop the feature in the desired location.
How do you duplicate a part in Solidworks?
Pick the top of a feature tree for a component and select Edit > Copy. Then go to a drawing and select Edit > Paste. SOLIDWORKS has now inserted, or pasted, a copy of that component in a model view in the drawing.
How do you make a multi body in Solidworks?
Saving an Assembly as a Multibody Part
- Open an assembly document.
- Click File > Save As. The Save As dialog box appears.
- Set the Save as type to Part (*. prt, *. …
- Select one of the following: Exterior Faces to save the exterior faces as Surface Bodies . …
- Select or clear the following: …
- Click Save.
What is multibody parts in Solidworks?
A multibody part consists of multiple solid bodies that are not dynamic. If you need to represent dynamic motion among bodies, use an assembly. Tools such as Move Component, Dynamic Clearance, and Collision Detection are available only with assembly documents.
How do you make a body pattern in Solidworks?
Some bodies and a single direction selected. To create a pattern of patterns: Click a pattern tool (Features toolbar) or Insert > Pattern/Mirror and select a pattern tool (linear, circular, or curve driven pattern). You can also use a pattern you created using X-Y coordinates (table pattern) or sketch points.
How do I insert a part into another part in Solidworks?
With a part document open, click Insert Part (Features toolbar) or Insert > Part. Browse to a part document and click Open. The Insert Part PropertyManager appears. Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the inserted part to be included in the derived part.
How do you change WCS in Solidworks?
To translate a coordinate system to a new location:
- Click Coordinate System (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Coordinate System .
- Define the coordinate system at a location on the part or assembly that provides the entities you need to control the angle and direction of each axis.