Is there a Purge command in SOLIDWORKS?
In a part or assembly, at the top of the FeatureManager design tree or the ConfigurationManager, right-click the file name and click Purge Unused Features. In the dialog box: In Suppressed in all configurations, select items to delete. In Unused sketches and reference geometry, select items to delete.
How to delete Unused layers in SOLIDWORKS?
If necessary, open the Layer Properties Manager by clicking Home tab Layers panel Layer Properties. Right-click the layer that you want to delete, and click Delete Layer. Alternatively, you can select the layer that you want to delete and click .
How do I delete a suppressed part in Solidworks?
You can also right-click a feature in the FeatureManager design tree and do one of the following to unsuppress the selected feature:
- Select Unsuppress. (In parts with multiple configurations, applies to only the current configuration.)
- Select Properties, then in the dialog box, clear Suppressed.
How can you remove empty layers in CAD?
To Purge All Unused Layers
- Click the Application button Drawing Utilities Purge. The Purge dialog box displays a tree view of object types, called named objects, with items that can be removed from the drawing.
- To purge unreferenced layers, use one of the following methods: …
- Click Purge.
What is the procedure to remove the empty layers?
– The empty layers can be removed from the drawing by using the all objects residing at once place. – The references of the layers are also removed so that it appears to be empty and can easily be created. – If the layer is empty then the PURGE will not be able to remove the layers from the drawing.
How do I delete unused layers?
To use this command type LAYDEL on the command line and press enter, your command line will show this message. Select an object on the layer which you want to delete from drawing area and press Enter then select Yes from command line options and press enter again.
What does suppressing a feature do in Solidworks?
When you suppress a feature, it is removed from the model (but not deleted). The feature disappears from the model view and is shown in gray in the FeatureManager design tree. If the feature has child features, the child features are also suppressed.
Where can I find suppressed parts in Solidworks?
You can check the referenced file locations to determine which suppressed components are missing. With the model open, click File > Find References. In the dialog box, under In Folder, File not found appears for the missing components. Search ‘Suppressed’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do I suppress features in configurations?
You can suppress individual features in the Feature Properties dialog box. Right-click the feature you want to suppress in the FeatureManager design tree and select Feature Properties. In the dialog box, select Suppressed, and then select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specify Configuration(s).
Can’t purge layers AutoCAD?
It’s not possible to delete or purge a layer if there are objects on the layer or if objects are referencing the layer.
If there are no such objects, use the LAYDEL command to delete the layers:
- Enter LAYDEL on the command line.
- Click ‘Name’ or enter N.
- Select the Layer and click ‘OK’ to delete it.
How do you purge in AutoCAD?
- Open the drawing file.
- Audit and fix any errors: Type AUDIT at the command line. “Y” for Yes to fix any errors, then Enter.
- Remove unused named objects from the drawing: Type PURGE at the command line. …
- Purge Registered Applications (from the command line): Type -PURGE. …
- Save the drawing.
How do I delete a Defpoint layer in AutoCAD?
Enter LAYDEL on the command line. Click Name or enter N. Select the Layer and click OK to delete it.