How do you create parts in Solidworks?
To create a part within an assembly:
- Click New Part (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Component > New Part.
- For externally saved parts, enter a name for the new part in the Save As dialog box and click Save.
- Select a plane or planar face while the pointer is .
How do I save virtual components as standard parts?
To save a virtual component: Do one of the following: Close an assembly that contains unsaved virtual parts or assemblies. Right-click a virtual component and select Save Part(in External File) or Save Assembly(in External File).
Should I save internally or externally solidworks?
By saving internally, you are keeping the files virtual, meaning the only place they exist is within the assembly file. By choosing to save externally you will be given the option to choose the path where the files will be saved (the default being where the assembly is saved).
How do you make an assembly part in Solidworks?
Save Assembly as Part PropertyManager
- In an assembly, click File > Save As.
- Select Part (*. prt;*. sldprt) for the file type.
- Select Include specified components.
- Select Override defaults.
- Click Save.
How do you make a part based on another part in Solidworks?
With a part document open, click Insert Part (Features toolbar) or Insert > Part. Browse to a part document and click Open. The Insert Part PropertyManager appears. Under Transfer, select any combination of items from the inserted part to be included in the derived part.
How do you make multiple parts in Solidworks?
To split bodies:
- Click Split (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Split.
- In the PropertyManager, set the options. …
- Under Resulting Bodies, select the bodies to save under , or click Auto-assign Names. …
- Double-click the body name under File, type a name for the new part in the dialog box, then click Save. …
- Click .
How do I use virtual parts in Solidworks?
You can make externally saved components virtual after you insert them into an assembly. To make externally saved components virtual: Right-click one or more externally saved components and click Make Virtual. Makes the subassembly virtual, but keeps its child components linked to the external files.
How do you save internal parts in Solidworks?
To save a virtual component: Set the following options in the dialog box, and then click OK. Save internally(inside the assembly).
Select an item in File Name, and then use these buttons to change the path:
- Same As Assembly. …
- Specify Path. …
- Internal To Assembly.
How do you save a component in Solidworks?
In an assembly, in the graphics area or FeatureManager design tree, right-click a component or Ctrl + select multiple components and click Make Independent . In the dialog box, click OK when asked to save the component with a new name. In the Save As dialog box, type a name and click Save.
How do you extract parts from an assembly in Solidworks?
Assemblies Saved as Parts Export Options
- Click Tools > Options > System Options > Export.
- For File Format, select SLDPRT from assembly.
- Specify the following options, and click OK.
What is part assembly?
Part assemblies organize child parts and part subassemblies to define more complex parts, such as motors or engines. Consumable parts must be kit-enabled to add them to part assemblies. All rotable parts can be added to part assemblies.