Is there a view cube in SolidWorks?
The View Selector helps you see what the right, left, front, back, top, and axonometric views of your model will look like when selected. Click a face of the View Selector to select a view. Press Alt to select views on the back of the View Selector cube.
How do you define a view in SolidWorks?
Changing the Orientation of the Standard Model Views
- Do one of the following: Use the Rotate, Zoom, and Pan tools to orient the model. Click View Selector and select a view. …
- Click Update Standard Views .
- When prompted, select the standard view you want to assign the current view to.
- Click Yes to confirm the update.
How do I turn off the view selector in SolidWorks?
Click Tools > Customize and select or clear Use Large Tooltips to enable or disable the view previews.
How do I create a custom view in Solidworks?
Creating a Custom View
- Use the Rotate, Zoom, and Pan commands to create the desired view. …
- Press the spacebar to open the Orientation dialog box.
- In the dialog box, click New View .
- Type a name in the dialog box and click OK.
How do you add views in Solidworks?
To insert a model view into a drawing:
- Click Model View. (Drawing toolbar) or Insert > Drawing View > Model.
- Set options in the Model View PropertyManager. …
- Click Next . …
- Set additional options in the Model View PropertyManager. …
- Click .
How do I change views in Solidworks?
To manually update drawing views:
- Right-click the Drawing icon at the top of the FeatureManager design tree, and click Automatic view update. If there is no check mark, it indicates that manual view regeneration is enabled.
- Click either: Edit > Update All Views. Rebuild. (Standard toolbar) or Edit > Rebuild.
How do I turn off animations in Solidworks?
To disable view orientation in an animation: Right-click Orientation and Camera Views in the MotionManager design tree and select Disable View Key Creation.
How do I create an isometric view in Solidworks?
To change the orientation of a section or aligned section view to isometric: Right-click a section or aligned section view and select Isometric Section View. To remove the isometric orientation, right-click the view and select Remove Isometric View.
How do I save a camera view in Solidworks?
To save settings for multiple cameras:
- In the Palette, on the Camera tab: Shift + click to select the cameras to save. Right-click and click Save to file.
- In the dialog box: Navigate to a folder. The default is SOLIDWORKS Visualize ContentCameras. Click Save.