How do I delete a plane in Solidworks?
You can turn the display of planes on or off. To toggle the display of planes: Click View > Hide/Show > Planes.
How do you Unfix a plane in Solidworks?
In a part or assembly, click Defeature (Tools toolbar) or Tools > Defeature. In the PropertyManager, click Next until the To Remove page appears.
How do I change the reference plane in Solidworks?
Select the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, and click Edit, Sketch Plane. Right-click the sketch in the FeatureManager design tree, and select Edit Sketch Plane . Select a new plane in the FeatureManager design tree or select a new planar face in the model for Sketch Plane/Face . Click OK .
How do I delete a feature in Solidworks?
To delete an item:
- Select one or more items to delete in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Click Delete (Standard toolbar), click Edit > Delete or press Delete.
How do you hide all planes in Solidworks?
To hide all types in the current document: Click View > Hide/Show > Hide All Types. After you select Hide All Types, you cannot show any hidden items until you clear Hide All Types. You can use the Hide/Show Items tool in the Heads-up View toolbar to hide all items in one click without leaving the graphics area.
How do you delete an axis in Solidworks?
To turn the display of axes on or off: Click View > Hide/Show > Axes. Search ‘Turning the Display of Axes On or Off’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do you change the front plane to the top plane in Solidworks?
To change the plane, right click on the sketch in the Feature Manager and select the Edit Sketch Plane Icon. When you do, the Edit Sketch Plane command opens. To change the plane, right click in the window and clear the selections.
How do you move the top plane in Solidworks?
Using the plane’s handles and edges, you can do the following:
- Resize the plane by dragging a corner or edge handle.
- Move the plane by dragging the edge of the plane.
- Copy the plane by selecting a plane in the graphics area. Then hold down the Ctrl key and, using the edge, drag to a new location.
How do you Unfix a component in Solidworks 2020?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How can I change my plane?
To change planes for a connecting flight, start by asking a flight attendant on your flight or reviewing the Departures board in the airport to find your departure gate number. Then, if your luggage hasn’t been checked through to your final destination, pick it up from baggage claim and go back through security.
How do you change the plane in Solidworks 3D sketch?
To change the coordinate system for your 3D sketch, click the required sketch tool, hold down the Ctrl key, and click a plane, a planar face, or a user-defined coordinate system.
How do you select a plane in Solidworks?
Click Plane (Reference Geometry toolbar) or Insert > Reference Geometry > Plane . The software creates the most likely plane based on the entity you select. You can select options under First Reference, such as Parallel, Perpendicular, and so forth to modify the plane.
How do you delete extra materials in Solidworks?
To remove a material from a part: In a part document, right-click Material in the FeatureManager design tree and select Remove Material. Search ‘Removing a Material’ in the SOLIDWORKS Knowledge Base.
How do I delete everything in Solidworks?
To delete an item:
- Select one or more items to delete.
- Click Delete. on the Standard toolbar, click Edit, Delete or press Delete.
- In the dialog box, select: Also delete absorbed features. …
- Click Yes. If you selected more than one item in step 1, click Yes to All to delete all of the items.
How do I delete a model in Solidworks?
To delete models and parts: In the Palette, on the Models tab in the Model tree, right-click a model or part and click Edit > Delete.