How do you cut a section in Fusion 360?
The Section Analysis tool creates a section of a model and allows to see inside it:
- Choose Inspect -> Section Analysis.
- Select a face or plane for the section view to start on.
- Use the manipulators to position the section view.
- Click OK. Fusion will add the section view to the Analysis folder in the browser tree.
How do you cut a mesh Fusion 360?
Use the Plane Cut command to trim or split a mesh body with a plane in Fusion 360.
- In the Design workspace, on the Mesh tab, select Modify > Plane Cut . …
- In the canvas, select a mesh body.
- Select a plane or planar face to use as the Cut Plane.
- Adjust the location and orientation of the plane:
Can you split a mesh body in Fusion 360?
Trim will cut the mesh at the plane and remove the remaining mesh. Use Flip reverse what is kept. Split Body will split the mesh into two separate meshes at the plane. Split Faces will split the faces of the mesh at the plane and change the colour of the faces either side of the plane.
How do you split a 3D model?
Step by Step
- Open 3D Builder and choose Open to select your model.
- Select the Edit tab on the top menu.
- Select the split action from the edit menu.
- Select the Keep Both option from the split menu.
- Position the cutting plane using the rotation gyroscope.
- Select Cut to select your choice.