How do I convert STL to surfaces in Solidworks?
In Tools > Options > Import, under File Format, select STL/OBJ/OFF/PLY/PLY2 and click Import as Graphics Body. Then click OK. Open a file of the format you just selected. Click Insert > Surface > Surface From Mesh .
Can you convert an STL file to Solidworks?
The STL translator imports STL files as SOLIDWORKS part documents. You have the option to import STL files as graphical data, solids, or surfaces.
How do I convert a STL file to Step?
How to convert STL to STEP using FreeCAD
- Step 1: Install FreeCAD. To start off, make sure you have FreeCAD downloaded and installed.
- Step 2: Import STL. Open your STL part in FreeCAD. …
- Step 3: Convert from Mesh to Shape. …
- Step 4: Simplify Shape. …
- Step 5: Convert Shape to Solid. …
- Step 6: Export.
How do you convert STL to solid body in Inventor?
Use 3ds Max to convert STL files to other formats
- In 3dsMax, import the STL file. …
- Once the file has been imported, choose Export and select the file type *. …
- Open the produced SAT or DWG file in Inventor, then stitch and convert to solid as needed.
How do you convert an STL mesh to a solid in Fusion 360 Part 2 3?
Select the Model Workspace and then to convert the mesh to a solid body all you’ll have to do is right click on the mesh and select “Mesh to BRep.” You’ll then see in the dialogue box that you can have it create a new body or a new component.
How do I convert STL Graphics to a solid model?
How do I convert STL graphics to a solid model?
- Step 1: Open SOLIDWORKS. Start SolidWorks and click Open.
- Step 2: Select File Type. Change file type to STL.
- Step 3: Click Options. Click Options.
- Step 4: Change Import As. Change import as to Solid body.
- Step 5: Select STL file. …
- Step 6: STL file is updated. …
- 120 likes.
How do I make a solid graphic SolidWorks?
To use the Convert to Mesh Body tool:
- With the standard SOLIDWORKS BREP body or graphic body open, click Insert > Feature > Convert to Mesh Body .
- For Selected Bodies , select solid, surface, graphics closed, or open bodies.
How do I merge STL files in SOLIDWORKS?
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Start SOLIDWORKS and click Open. …
- Change the file type to STL (*.stl) …
- Notice that a new Options button is available now. …
- Change import body to Solid Body or Surface Body and press OK. …
- Browse to the STL file you want to import and click Open.
How do I convert STL to CAD?
- Go to the online converter.
- Click on “Choose” and select the STL files from your computer. …
- Select the target format as DXF and press the “Convert” button.
- The page will refresh once finished and a download link will become available.
- Download the file and open it directly with AutoCAD.
Can you convert STL to STP?
A straightforward method of converting STL files to STEP files is to use Autodesk’s Fusion 360. As an STL file is fundamentally a mesh, it’s important to note that Fusion 360 supports three different methods of working with meshes, but simply inserting one is the most straightforward.