How do you change the height of a cut plane in Revit?
Go to the floor plan view and click in the View Range menu in the instance properties. In a Floor Plan view, the key parameters are Cut plane and Bottom. Set a level and a height offset for each of these parameter.
How do you change the cut plane in a view range in Revit?
Establish or change the horizontal planes that control an object’s visibility in plan views.
- Open a plan view.
- On the Properties palette, locate the View Range parameter, and click Edit. …
- In the View Range dialog, modify view range properties as necessary. …
- Click Apply to view changes.
How do you edit a clip plane in Revit?
Change the Clip Plane in an Elevation View
- In a plan view, select the elevation tag arrowhead. The clip planes for the elevation display in the drawing area. Example. …
- Drag the blue dots or the arrows to resize the clip plane.
How do you change the associated level of a plan in Revit?
Make a new view assigned to the correct level (View Menu > New > Floor or Ceiling Plan or use the View Design Bar). The others can be deleted. If you need to keep any annotation in one of the views you want to discard you can cut them to clipboard and then paste them in to the good view.
How does cut plane work in Revit?
The cut plane is a plane that determines the height at which certain elements in the view are shown as cut. These 3 planes define the primary range of the view range. View depth is an additional plane beyond the primary range. Change the view depth to show elements below the bottom clip plane.
How do you adjust a cut plane?
- Open a plan view.
- In the Create panel on the View ribbon, expand the Plan Views split button and click Plan Region.
- Sketch a closed loop using lines, rectangles, or polygons.
- In the Properties palette, click Edit.
- In the View Range dialog box, specify the primary range and view depth for the plan region.
Where is cut plane Revit?
In the Project Browser, select the plan view you want to cut by the back clip plane. On the Properties palette, under Extents, find the Depth Clipping parameter. The Depth Clipping parameter is available for plan and site views. Click the button in the value column.
What is clipping in Revit?
Far Clipping options in Revit
Far clipping is parameter that we control when creating section, elevation or callout. The far clip plane is defined with the Far Clip Offset parameter.
What is Revit far clipping?
The Far Clip feature defines the depth of a view. Use it to exclude from the view any model elements that occur beyond a certain plane. 2D views: You can cut an elevation, section, or callout view at the far clip plane.
How do you turn on far clipping in Revit?
Click the button in the value column. The Far Clipping dialog displays. In the Far Clipping dialog, select an option, and click OK. Enter a value for Far Clip Offset to specify where the view will be clipped when the Clipping property is active.
Can you change associated level in Revit?
It is not possible – a new View must be created.
How do you manage levels in Revit?
- Set the Display to “Entire Project”.
- Set the Sort By to “Level”
- Set the filter to
- Select the elements you need to move.
- Look at the Properties palette for the Level property.
- If Level is an editable property for all elements, switch the level to the proper Level name.