How do you move a section view line in Solidworks?
To move a drawing view, use one of the following methods:
- Click and drag an entity (including edges, vertices, cosmetic threads, and so on). …
- Select a drawing view, then move (nudge) it with the arrow keys. …
- Press Alt, place the pointer anywhere in the view, and drag the view.
How do I create a custom section view in Solidworks?
Creating a Section View Manually
- Click Section View. (Drawing toolbar), or Insert > Drawing View > Section. …
- To create a section view manually, click Edit sketch to display the Insert Line PropertyManager.
- Sketch a section line. …
- Click to place the view.
How do you show a full section line in Solidworks?
To show a hidden cutting line, right-click on the section view and click Show Section Line. Use the section view sketch mode in conjunction with the section tool user interface to create both section views and aligned section views.
How do I change the length of a line in Solidworks?
To change the length of the line, select one of the endpoints and drag to lengthen or shorten the line. To move the line, select the line and drag the line to another position. To change the angle of a line, select an endpoint and drag to a different angle.
How do I remove a construction line in Solidworks?
To hide or show edges in a drawing:
- Click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the edges to hide (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click . …
- To show edges, click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the hidden edges highlighted in orange, (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click .
How do I make dimension lines thinner in Solidworks?
To set line thickness:
- In a drawing, click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Line Thickness.
- In the dialog box, under Line thickness print settings, enter a value for the line weights (Thin, Normal, Thick, and five additional line thickness settings). …
- Click OK.
How do I change the scale of a line in Solidworks drawing?
To set the scale of an existing drawing sheet, do one of the following:
- In the status bar click Sheet Scale and click a scale.
- Right-click the sheet and select Properties, then edit the values of Scale.
How do I get out of section view in Solidworks?
Removed Section Views
- In a drawing, select a view.
- Click Removed Section (View Layout CommandManager tab or Drawing toolbar).
- In the PropertyManager, for Edge and Opposed Edge, select two edges from the same drawing view. …
- Select a cutting line placement method: …
- Move the pointer and click to place the view.
How do you crop a section view in Solidworks?
To crop a view:
- In a drawing view, sketch a closed profile such as a circle.
- Click Crop View. (Drawing toolbar), or click Insert > Drawing View > Crop. The view outside the profile disappears. A circle is drawn on this Section View. After cropping, only the view inside the circle is displayed.
How do I change a section line view?
Double-click anywhere along the section line, or select the section line and select Flip Direction in the Section View PropertyManager.
How do I extend a section view line?
To modify a section line after a section view is created:
- Select the section line or section view. The Section View PropertyManager appears.
- Make any changes in the PropertyManager or in the graphics area and click . If you edit the section line in the graphics area, you may have to click Rebuild.
What is a removed section view?
The removed section view is a zero-thickness slice through the model showing only cut edges and hatching perpendicular to the cutting line. That’s different than the traditional section view, which is projected parallel to the cutting line.