How do I stop a Solidworks drawing from updating?
To interrupt an update to a drawing, press Esc.
How to Update cut list?
Right-click the cut list and click Update Automatically. The software updates the cut list automatically when you add new features, such as extruded plates or 3D bounding boxes, edit existing features, or rebuild the model.
How do you delete a cut list in Solidworks?
Right-click the cut list and click Update Automatically.
To disable either of these options:
- Click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Weldments to open the Weldments Document Properties page.
- Clear the option.
- Save the template.
- Use the saved template to create new parts.
How do I edit a cut list in Solidworks?
In the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a Cut-List-Item in a weldment part or multibody sheet metal part and click Properties. You can modify the Cut-List Properties dialog box by resizing it or changing column widths, to make information visible that would otherwise be truncated.
How do I change the view of a Solidworks drawing?
To manually update drawing views:
- Right-click the Drawing icon at the top of the FeatureManager design tree, and click Automatic view update. If there is no check mark, it indicates that manual view regeneration is enabled.
- Click either: Edit > Update All Views. Rebuild (Standard toolbar) or Edit > Rebuild.
When using the option automatic view update for a drawing can views be excluded from the automatic updates?
Excluding Drawing Views from Automatic Updates
You can exclude selected views from automatic updates that occur when the model changes. In the Drawing View PropertyManager, under Automatic View Update, select Exclude from automatic update.
What is solidworks cut list?
A cut list is an item in the FeatureManager design tree that groups the same entities of a part together. It is available in parts that have weldment or sheet metal features.
How do you cut a list in Solidworks?
Starting in SOLIDWORKS 2021, you can now generate IDs for each Weldment Part Cut List item that is a unique identifier for each cut list item in a Part’s Cut List folder. To enable this, click Tools > Options > Document Properties > Weldments. Under Cut list IDs, select Generate Cut list IDs.
How do you insert a cut list in Solidworks?
To insert a weldment cut list table into a drawing:
- In a drawing, click Weldment Cut List. …
- Select a drawing view.
- Specify properties in the Weldment Cut List PropertyManager, then click .
- If you did not select Attach to anchor point in the PropertyManager, click in the graphics area to place the cut list.
How do I edit a weldment cut table in Solidworks?
Easily Create a Custom Weldment Cut List Template in SOLIDWORKS
- To do this, go to Open a part file (. …
- Once the drawing view is placed, highlight the view, then go to Insert > Tables > Weldment Cut List, then place the table on the drawing.
- Once the table is placed on the drawing, make any desired changes to the table.
How do you write a cutting list?
Create the Cut List
- Create a view of the assembly and create a parts list for it.
- Select the part list and apply the “Cut List” style to it.
- Right click and Edit the Part List.
- Sort the Part List by Stock Number and then by Part Number.
How do I create a custom property in Solidworks?
To add custom properties:
- Click in the first blank cell under Property Name, then type a name or choose one from the list.
- Select a Type from the list. …
- Under Value / Text Expression, enter a value for the custom property that is compatible with the selection in the Type cell. …
- Press Tab or Enter.