What is Project curve?
To project existing curves onto planes or surfaces in a specified pierce direction. Laying down. To lay down existing curves onto a surface without changing the length and shape of the curves. The original curves and the curves laid down are matched by associating a point on the curve with a point on the surface.
What is purpose of project curve in Solidworks?
The curve is used as a path for a sweep. The swept geometry is used to create this power adapter.
How do you extrude a projected Sketch in Solidworks?
Extruding Surfaces from a 2D or 3D Face
- Click Insert > Surface > Extrude.
- Select a face: …
- Select other faces to define the extrude as required. …
- Select the end condition.
- For 3D faces, select a plane, edge, 2D face, or sketch line to define the direction of extrusion .
How do you insert a curve in Solidworks?
To create a curve through XYZ points:
- Click Curve Through XYZ Points. on the Curves toolbar, or click Insert > Curve > Curve Through XYZ Points.
- Create new sets of coordinates by double-clicking cells in the X, Y, and Z columns and entering a point coordinate in each one. …
- Click OK to display the curve.
How do you use an intersection curve in Solidworks?
Sketching Intersection Curves
on the Sketch toolbar, or Tools > Sketch Tools > Intersection Curve. before selecting a plane). Select the intersecting items: Select a plane that intersects a face of the part.
How do you do a projected curve on shape?
Create a Curve as the intersection of two projected sketches.
- Click .
- With focus in the First sketch field, select the First sketch (on the model or in the Feature list).
- With focus in the Second sketch field, select the Second sketch (on the model or in the Feature list).
- Click. to accept.
How do I align a section view in Solidworks?
You can pre-select sketch entities that belong to the drawing sheet to create aligned section views. The sketch entities do not have to belong to an existing drawing view. To create an aligned section view: Click Aligned Section View on the Drawing toolbar, or click Insert, Drawing View, Aligned Section.
Why do we use Knit Surface tool?
Use the Knit Surface tool to combine two or more faces and surfaces into one.
What is loft in SolidWorks?
Loft creates a feature by making transitions between profiles. A loft can be a base, boss, cut, or surface. You create a loft using two or more profiles. Only the first, last, or first and last profiles can be points.
How do you cut a face in SolidWorks?
Click Cut With Surface on the Features toolbar, or click Insert > Cut > With Surface. In the PropertyManager, under Surface Cut Parameters, select the surface or plane to use to cut the solid bodies. Examine the preview. If necessary, click Flip cut to reverse the direction of the cut.