What is Task Pane in SOLIDWORKS?
The Task Pane provides access to SOLIDWORKS resources, libraries of reusable design elements, views to drag onto drawing sheets, and other useful items and information. The Task Pane appears when you open SOLIDWORKS.
How do I move the Task Pane in SOLIDWORKS?
To float or dock the Task Pane:
- To float the Task Pane, drag it by the title bar into the graphics area.
- To dock the Task Pane when it is floating, click in the title bar.
How do I hide a resource tab in SOLIDWORKS?
To show or hide the Task Pane:
- Click View > User Interface > Task Pane.
- Right-click above or below the graphics area and select or clear Task Pane.
How do I hide the toolbar in SOLIDWORKS?
Click Tools > Customize, or right-click in the window border and select Customize. On the Toolbars tab, select the toolbars to display, and clear the toolbars to hide. Your selections apply to the type of SOLIDWORKS document that is currently active.
Where is the task pane in SOLIDWORKS?
Open SOLIDWORKS and right click in the Menu bar. From the right click Command Manager menu select Task Pane. The Task Pane will appear on the right hand side of the graphics window.
Where is feature manager in SOLIDWORKS?
The FeatureManager design tree on the left side of the SOLIDWORKS window provides an outline view of the active part, assembly, or drawing. This makes it easy to see how the model or assembly was constructed or to examine the various sheets and views in a drawing.
What is the graphics area in SOLIDWORKS?
The graphics area displays and lets you manipulate parts, assemblies, and drawings. A triad appears in part and assembly documents to help orient you when viewing models. You can also use it to change the view orientation.
Where is the menu bar in SOLIDWORKS?
The Menu Bar contains a set of the most frequently used tool buttons from the Standard toolbar, the SOLIDWORKS menus, the SOLIDWORKS Search, and a flyout menu of Help options. By clicking the down arrow next to a tool button, you can expand it to display a flyout menu with additional functions.
How do I change the command manager in SOLIDWORKS?
To access the CommandManager:
- Click Tools > Customize.
- On the Toolbars tab, select Enable CommandManager.
- Click OK.
What is SOLIDWORKS scheduler?
The SOLIDWORKS Task Scheduler lets you set up tasks to perform at a future time. If you need to perform a resource-intensive task such as rebuilding a large assembly, you can use SOLIDWORKS Task Scheduler to perform the job at off-peak hours.
How do I open the View palette in SOLIDWORKS?
The View Palette populates when you: Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly .
In a drawing with no parts or assemblies open:
- Select the Task Pane and the View Palette .
- Click Browse (…) in the View Palette.
- Browse to a part or assembly, then click Open.
- Drag a view into the graphics area.
How do I create a design library in SOLIDWORKS?
To access the content, install and add in the SOLIDWORKS Toolbox Library. Additional SOLIDWORKS content for blocks, Routing, CircuitWorks, and weldments. Ctrl+click to download .
How do I add PDM to task pane?
Activating the SOLIDWORKS PDM Add-in
- In SOLIDWORKS, click Tools > Add-ins and verify that SOLIDWORKS PDM is selected.
- Click the SOLIDWORKS PDM icon to open the Task Pane.
- In SOLIDWORKS, open or create a part, drawing, or assembly to view SOLIDWORKS PDM information for the file in the Task Pane.