How do you move a mate in Solidworks?
How do I change a mate? Expand the Mates folder in the FeatureManager design tree. Right-click one or more mates, and click Edit Feature. Edit the options in the PropertyManager, then click .
How do I move a fixed component in Solidworks?
To change the fix or float, go to featuremanager deign tree. Select and right click on the component’s name for changing the fix or float condition. Select fix or float from the appearing menu as per your requirement. This way you can fix component or float it in solidworks assemebly interface.
How do you Unmate in Solidworks?
Deleting a Mating Relationship
- Click the mate in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Do one of the following: Press the Delete key. Click Edit > Delete. Right-click and select Delete.
- Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
How do you mate multiple parts in SOLIDWORKS?
Select the faces, edges, planes, and so on that you want to mate together. Select the entity to which you want to mate several other components. Select entities on two or more other components to mate to the common reference. A mate is added for each component.
How do you make a path mate in SOLIDWORKS?
To add a path mate:
- Click Mate (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Mate.
- In the PropertyManager, under Advanced Mates, click Path Mate .
- Under Mate Selections: …
- Under Advanced Mates, for Path Constraint, select one: …
- For Pitch/Yaw Control, select one: …
- For Roll Control, select one: …
- Click .
How do you change a part in a Solidworks assembly?
To edit a part while in an assembly:
- Right-click the part and select Edit Part, or click Edit Component on the Assembly toolbar. …
- Make the necessary changes to the part.
How do I move a part to the origin in Solidworks?
Click Tools > Sketch Tools > Align > Align Grid/Origin. In the Align Grid/Origin PropertyManager, under Selections: To change only the sketch origin: Select a vertex or point for Sketch Origin Location .
How do I replace a part in a Solidworks assembly?
To replace one or more components:
- Do one of the following: Click Replace Components (Assembly toolbar). Click File > Replace. …
- Set options as described below, then click . The selected component instances are replaced. If you chose Manually select, choose the configuration to open in the Configurations dialog box.
Can you mate two points in Solidworks?
Simply hold down Ctrl and select the two entities you wish to mate.
Where is the Assembly toolbar in Solidworks?
To display SOLIDWORKS toolbars: Right-click in the window border, click Toolbars, and select or clear a toolbar name. Click Tools > Customize.
Why is my part fixed in Solidworks?
It is recommended that at least one assembly component is either fixed, or mated to the assembly planes or origin. This gives a frame of reference for all other mates, and helps prevent unexpected movement of components when mates are added. A fixed component has a (f) before its name in the FeatureManager design tree.
How do I combine parts in SolidWorks?
To add bodies together:
- Click Combine. (Features toolbar) or Insert > Features > Combine.
- In the PropertyManager, under Operation Type, select Add.
- For Bodies to Combine, select the bodies to combine. You can select bodies in the graphics area or the Solid Bodies. …
- Click Show Preview to preview the feature.
- Click .