How do I import files into Onshape?
Option 2: Import into an existing document
Open the Onshape document into which you want to import files. (Insert new element icon) at the bottom of the window. Select Import… from the menu. Select one or more files to import and click Open.
How do I convert STL files to Onshape?
To export a Part Studio containing a single part or multiple parts:
- Select the overflow menu in the Part Studio or Assembly tab:
- Tap Export.
- Enter a file name for the export file.
- Specify a format: Parasolid, ACIS, IGES, SOLIDWORKS, Collada, GLTF, OBJ, Rhino, STL. …
- Select an option:
What is a Parasolid file?
Parasolid files are used by the geometric modeling kernel currently owned by Siemens and used in CAD, CAD exchange, CAM, CAE, and product visualization. Licensed and used in over 350+ applications such as NX, SolidWorks, SolidEdge, MasterCAM, Onshape, and others.
How do I import a file?
If you have existing files, you can import and convert them to Docs, Sheets, or Slides.
- Go to Drive.
- Click New. File Upload.
- Choose the file you want to import from your computer to add it to Drive.
- In the Upload complete window, click Show file location .
- Right-click the file and select Open with.
Can you 3D print Onshape?
Onshape can be used to create 2D drawings and 3D models. To learn how to use it, the company provides users with program guides and specifications in order to understand the basic operation so that they can create better finished designs ready for 3D printing.
Can I download Onshape files?
Tap the menu icon next to the tab and tap Download. Download copies the file in its current format to your local machine, giving it the same name and file type. You are able to import and download any non-native file type into and out of Onshape.
How do you convert STL to steps?
If you need to tackle the STL to STEP conversion, you’re in luck. Check out these two straightforward ways to convert your files! STL files are the standard format for 3D objects, especially for 3D printing.
- Step 1: Insert the mesh. Go to “Insert > Insert Mesh”. …
- Step 2: Convert the Mesh to a Solid. …
- Step 3: Save as STEP.
Can Blender Open Parasolid files?
Now Blender works with meshes, and Onshape with parasolid, a parametric 3d-modelling format.