How do I import a CAD template into Revit?
Import a CAD File
- Click Insert tab Import panel (Import CAD).
- In the dialog, for Files of type, select the desired file type.
- Navigate to the folder that contains the file to import, and select the file. …
- Specify options. …
- Click Open.
How do I import hatch pattern from AutoCAD to Revit?
Loading hatch patterns from Autocad into Revit
- Open AutoCAD then draw a rectangle. Create the desired Hatch pattern in the rectangle with the hatch command, then save the drawing.
- Import the drawing into Revit. Explode the drawing.
- The hatch pattern will now appear in the Revit fill patterns list.
Can you import 3D CAD into Revit?
Open a Revit project or family, and use the Import CAD tool to import 3D geometry from supported applications. For information about how imported 3D shapes can be used in families and projects, see About Importing 3D Shapes.
How do I export hatch patterns from AutoCAD?
In order to export that hatch, you need to create its PAT file. I am using a LISP routine in this tutorial to extract PAT file from drawing. Extract it from the compressed package and paste it on the desktop. Also, make sure that your source drawing is copied to the desktop from which you want to extract hatch pattern.
How do I save hatch patterns in AutoCAD?
Navigate to the folder that contains your custom hatch patterns (example: My Hatches), and click OK. Your folder will now be included in the Support File Search Path. Click OK to save your changes. AutoCAD will now be able to read your hatches, allowing you to save them into our database.
Where are Revit hatch patterns stored?
Where are Hatch Patterns located? Your hatch standard pattern definitions are located within your acad. pat file. This file is usually located in program files under your program filesautocad-versionsupport folder.