How do I edit a exploded line in Solidworks?
You can edit an explode line sketch to add, delete, or change explode lines.
Editing an Explode Line Sketch
- In the ConfigurationManager, click to expand Exploded View .
- Right-click 3DExplode and click Edit Sketch.
- Edit the sketch.
- Close the sketch.
How do you add lines to an Exploded View in Solidworks?
Adding Explode Lines
- Click Explode Line Sketch (Assembly toolbar) or Insert > Explode Line Sketch. The Explode Sketch toolbar appears. …
- Add explode lines by using: Route Line (Explode Sketch toolbar) …
- Close the sketch. The sketch 3DExplode appears in the ConfigurationManager under Exploded View .
How do I manage an Exploded View in Solidworks?
Creating Exploded Views (Assemblies)
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
How do you remove Smart explode lines in Solidworks?
To dissolve a smart explode line:
- On the ConfigurationManager tab, expand the active configuration.
- Expand the ExplView feature.
- Right-click the 3DExplode sketch and click Edit Sketch. …
- Right-click the smart explode line and click Dissolve Entities .
How do I edit exploded lines?
To edit an explode line sketch:
- In the ConfigurationManager, click to expand ExplView .
- Right-click 3DExplode , and select Edit Sketch.
- Edit the sketch as you would for any 3D sketch, or add more explode lines.
- Close the sketch.
How do you make an exploded assembly drawing in Solidworks?
In the drawing:
- Insert a model view of the assembly using the orientation needed for the exploded view. For details, see Model View.
- Right-click the drawing view and click Properties.
- In the Drawing View Properties dialog box, under Configuration information, select Show in exploded or model break state.
How do you auto explode in Solidworks?
With an assembly open, select the components that you want to explode in the graphics area or FeatureManager design tree and click Exploded View . In the PropertyManager, select Auto-space components on drag. Use the handle in the graphics area to move all the components.
Where are exploded views saved in Solidworks?
To do this, we can use Exploded Views in SOLIDWORKS. The Exploded View function is located on the CommandManager in the Assembly tab.
How do you hide lines in Solidworks drawing?
To hide or show edges in a drawing:
- Click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the edges to hide (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click . …
- To show edges, click Hide/Show Edges. …
- Select the hidden edges highlighted in orange, (you can select edges individually, or use box selection), then click .
How do you delete a line in Solidworks?
To delete: Click the line or text and press the Delete key. To move: Click the line or text and drag to a new location.