How do you delete a component in Solidworks?
Click the component in the graphics area or in the FeatureManager design tree. Press the Delete key, click Edit > Delete, or right-click and select Delete. Click Yes to confirm the deletion.
How do I unhide a component in Solidworks?
Right-click a component in the drawing view or in the FeatureManager design tree and select Show/Hide > Hide Component. If the component is hidden, you can show it again by right-clicking the component in the FeatureManager design tree (not in the drawing view) and selecting Show/Hide > Show Component.
How do you select hidden items in Solidworks?
To select hidden components to be shown:
- Click Show Hidden Components (Assembly toolbar). The Show Hidden dialog box appears. …
- In the graphics area, select components you want to show. The components you select disappear temporarily.
- In the dialog box, click Exit Show Hidden.
Where are the hidden components in Solidworks?
Right-click on the blank graphics area and select “Show Hidden Components.” SOLIDWORKS will display any components hidden in the assembly. If you click on the component, it will show it when you exit this state (which can be done by clicking Escape on your keyboard or clicking “Exit Show-Hidden”).
How do you delete a sub assembly in Solidworks?
To delete a component from a subassembly:
- In an assembly with a subassembly, in the FeatureManager design tree, select a subassembly component and press Delete.
- In the dialog box, select whether to Delete the subassembly, or Delete only the selected components.
How do you Unsuppress all components in Solidworks?
- Click Unsuppress on the Features toolbar. (In parts with multiple configurations, applies to only the current configuration.)
- Click Edit > Unsuppress, then select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Selected Configurations.
Why is my solidworks part invisible?
If the model is a part file then the most common reason that the body has been hidden by mistake, which can happen if you happen to click on hide in connection with selecting a feature.
How do you select hidden edges in Solidworks?
Right-click the drawing view and select Properties. Select the Show Hidden Edges tab. Select a feature or component from either the drawing view or the FeatureManager design tree to add it to the list of items to be shown with hidden lines. Click Apply to see the effect of your selection.
How do I hide a component in Solidworks assembly?
To show or hide a component in all drawing views:
- In the assembly, create an assembly configuration.
- In the graphics area or the FeatureManager design tree, right-click a component and click Hide Components or Show Components .
How do you save an isolated component in Solidworks?
To isolate components that share a mate, right-click the mate in the FeatureManager design tree and click Isolate. Select a component to edit and click Edit Part or Edit Assembly . Optional: Click Save as Display State to save the display characteristics to a new display state.
How do I show hidden features in Solidworks?
Selecting Hidden Bodies
Right-click the multibody part and select Show Hidden Bodies. All bodies that were hidden are now shown, and all bodies that were visible are now hidden. In the dialog box, click Exit Show Hidden.
How do I view sections in Solidworks?
To create a section view:
- In a part or assembly document, click Section View. …
- In the Section View PropertyManager, under Section Method, select one of the following: …
- In the Section View PropertyManager, under Section Option, select how the section offset is calculated: …
- Under Section 1, select a plane.