How do I use a project browser family in Revit?
Use Families in the Project
- On the appropriate tab of the ribbon, click the element to create. In the Type Selector, select the desired family type.
- Select the family type in the Project Browser, and drag it to the drawing area.
- Select the family type in the Project Browser, right-click, and click Create Instance.
How do I import a family into Revit?
Import Family Types
- In the Family Editor, click Insert tab Import panel (Import Family Types).
- In the Import Family Types dialog, navigate to the folder containing the family type file to import.
- Select the file, and click Open.
Where is family in Project Browser?
In the Project Browser, locate the desired family type using Search or by expanding the appropriate category and family. Right-click the type, and click one of the following: Select All Instances In Entire Project. Select All Instances Visible in View.
How do you dock properties and project browser in Revit?
To dock the Project Browser on the left, position the cursor in the title bar, and drag the window until the cursor is touching the edge of the Revit interface on the left. The outline of the window gives you a preview. Using the same method, drag the Properties palette.
Why can’t I load a family in Revit?
Causes: A command other than Load Family (such as Component) was used to insert the family. The selected family did not match the category of the command (for example a Window or Door family was selected when using the Component command).
Where can I download families for Revit?
Websites to download Revit Families for free:
- BIMsmith Market. BIMsmith is one of the world’s fastest-growing BIM platforms for AEC professionals. …
- RevitCity. …
- RBI Water Heaters. …
- BIM Object. …
- Smart BIM Library. …
- CAD Forum. …
- Modlar. …
- SpecifiedBy (UK)
Where is the family model in Revit?
If you’re looking for a family, you can scroll down to families and right-click on it and say “Search” and that will search all the families.
Where is the family in Revit?
When trying to access Revit family files, you may encounter a problem locating the files. Issue: By default, family files are typically stored in a location like the following: C:ProgramDataAutodesk
How do I view families in Revit?
Viewing Families in a Project or Template
- Open a project or a template.
- In the Project Browser, expand Families. A list of all families in the project (or template) displays. …
- Expand the family category that contains the family types that you want to view. …
- Expand the family to view the family types.