How do I delete a part reference in Solidworks?
Changing or Removing References
- Check out the parent file.
- On the Contains tab, click Custom References .
- In the Edit User-Defined File References dialog box, do one of the following: To remove a reference, clear Referenced. …
- Click OK.
- Check in the parent file.
How do you Unfix something in Solidworks?
To fix or float an assembly component:
- Right-click the component in the graphics area or the component’s name in the FeatureManager design tree.
- Select Fix or Float.
- In assemblies with multiple configurations, select This Configuration, All Configurations, or Specified Configurations.
How do I turn off external references in Solidworks?
Click No External References (Assembly toolbar). Click Tools > Options > System Options > External References, and select Do not create references external to the model.
How do I change part references in Solidworks?
To edit the locations and names of referenced files:
- Click Open or File > Open.
- In the Open dialog box, click References. The Edit Referenced File Locations dialog box appears.
- Edit the path or filename using one of the following methods: …
- Click OK to make the changes and exit the dialog.
How do you save a Solidworks file without references?
“SOLIDWORKS Save as Copy” saves your already existing part/assembly/drawing, with a new name, but breaks all references to the original part. Essentially making a disassociated file that can be opened and modified with no connection to existing drawings or assemblies that contain the ‘original’ part.
What are external references in Solidworks?
An external reference is created when one document is dependent on another document for its solution. If the referenced document changes, the dependent document changes also. In an assembly, you can create an in-context feature on one component that references the geometry of another component.
How do you explode an assembly in Solidworks?
To create an exploded view:
- Do one of the following options: Click Exploded View . …
- Select one or more components to include in the first explode step. …
- Drag a translation or rotation handle to move selected components.
- Modify explode options: …
- Click Done. …
- Create more explode steps as required, and click .
How do you change materials in Solidworks?
Editing a Custom Material
- In a part document, right-click Material in the FeatureManager design tree and select Edit Material.
- In the material tree, browse to a custom library and select a custom material.
- Edit properties of the material, then click Save.
What is temporary fix group in Solidworks?
You can temporarily fix or group components to affect their behavior when you drag to move or rotate components. To fix or group components: Click Temporary Fix/Group (Assembly toolbar).
How do I enable external references in Solidworks?
You can specify options to open and manage part, assembly, and drawing files that have external references. To open this dialog box: Click Options or Tools > Options and click External References.
What is make independent in Solidworks?
To save one or more component instances as a new file: In an assembly, in the graphics area or FeatureManager design tree, right-click a component or Ctrl + select multiple components and click Make Independent . In the dialog box, click OK when asked to save the component with a new name.
How do I open the View palette in Solidworks?
The View Palette populates when you: Click Make Drawing from Part/Assembly .
In a drawing with no parts or assemblies open:
- Select the Task Pane and the View Palette .
- Click Browse (…) in the View Palette.
- Browse to a part or assembly, then click Open.
- Drag a view into the graphics area.
How do you fix a broken reference in Solidworks?
Replacing Broken References
- Select a file with a broken reference.
- Click Tools > Update References . …
- Select a reference to replace and click Edit > Replace File.
- In the Replace File dialog box, browse to the file that will replace the broken reference.
- Click Open.
How do I change an external reference in Solidworks?
Locking and Breaking External References
- In the FeatureManager design tree: For an individual item, right-click the feature, component, body, or part. …
- Click External References. …
- To modify external references, select the external references and click Break Selected, Lock Selected, or Unlock Selected. …
- Click OK.